Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Norway
Local time: 17:14
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 26, 2014

I'll try once more since XTM support did a really good and fast job last time. When I work with leveraged matches that have been into the TM, they all end up like this:

Systemkrav og koblinger for daMegaApp{1}{1}

Instead of this:

Systemkrav og koblinger for {1}daMegaApp{1}

This is especially annoying because these are unpaid reps, "since they don't require any work". Now I need to mark, copy and paste the tags and content
... See more
I'll try once more since XTM support did a really good and fast job last time. When I work with leveraged matches that have been into the TM, they all end up like this:

Systemkrav og koblinger for daMegaApp{1}{1}

Instead of this:

Systemkrav og koblinger for {1}daMegaApp{1}

This is especially annoying because these are unpaid reps, "since they don't require any work". Now I need to mark, copy and paste the tags and content from the source text, then paste and fix it so everything is correct, all the while watching out for and doing the extra work so that the tags don't end up like this {1} instead of this: {1}. If there's more than one or two sets of tags, it's usually faster to just type the segment in manually.

So, the obvious question: Is there a way to populate the tags so I don't need to do all this tedious extra work?
Collapse

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:14
XTM has an array of helpful shortcuts and offers customization making translators' work easier Apr 28, 2014

Hey Halvor,

Whenever you get inlines (the {1} symbols) at the end of a sentence it means that this segment has already been translated and can been found in your TM, but the formatting is different to the one in your current project.

If you would like to modify this setting you have to ask your Project Manager to make this change in Configuration->Settings->Translation->General tab, TM & Terminology section, "Set matches with inline differences as fuzzy". This will
... See more
Hey Halvor,

Whenever you get inlines (the {1} symbols) at the end of a sentence it means that this segment has already been translated and can been found in your TM, but the formatting is different to the one in your current project.

If you would like to modify this setting you have to ask your Project Manager to make this change in Configuration->Settings->Translation->General tab, TM & Terminology section, "Set matches with inline differences as fuzzy". This will have this segment display as a fuzzy match rather than leveraged match.

Additionally instead of copying inlines you can use the default key shortcuts to quickly paste them (alt+1, alt+2, alt+3…). Have a look in Settings (left hand menu) -> Shortcuts to find other ways of making your work with XTM easy and convenient.

Hope this helps and do let us know how you get on.
Collapse

Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Norway
Local time: 17:14
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 28, 2014

Alt+1+2+3 etc. made it a lot easier.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Tags are all in the end of the segment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »