A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]
What is your opinion on XTM Cloud CAT tool?
Téma indítója: WolfestoneGroup

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Hollandia
Local time: 21:55
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - afrikaans
+ ...
Browser user agent and XTM Nov 29, 2020

Vickie Dimitriadou wrote:
... the other client uses the latest version of XTM that DOES NOT work in Firefox 52 and prompts me to upgrade my browser.

If you can find a user-agent switcher extension for your version of FireFox (not sure if this one works for your version), you can play around with identifying as various other browsers, and you may find one that successfully tricks XTM into thinking that you have a more recent version of Firefox. I've used user-agent switchers in the past when online CAT tools insist that I use the developer's personal favourite browser.

XTM Intl
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 20:55
TM (fuzzy) propagation Nov 29, 2020

Stepan Konev wrote:
Even though source segments are already copied into the target section, XTM automatically replaces them with previous fuzzy translation (which I DON'T need).

Hello Stepan,

I see that Samuel mentioned a section in the XTM Manual that may help you understand this behavior in XTM (thank you Samuel!).
Reading your comment, I suppose that you are having challenges confirming the match that you want to 'impose'.
The way TM matches are showed in the TM Match docked panel or pre-populated in the segment directly is controlled in the system settings (owned by the client administrator).
In your case I think however that the problem is somewhere else. When you populate source to target, you also need to confirm that segment. Otherwise XTM will think that the segment is incomplete and will keep looking in the TM.

I suggest to check a couple of places in the Workbench Settings:
1. Under Settings > Shortcuts > Navigation/Matches, your shortcuts for confirming segments and jumping to the next (you can decide to which segment you want to go, it works similarly in MemoQ).
2. Under Settings> General your setting for automatically confirming a segment when you leave it (this can save you some clicks or keystrokes but not all linguists prefer working this way)
3. Populate source to target, check if it is on -> useful for non-translatable segments but keep in mind that you need to ensure that the segment gets confirmed so that it is marked as done
4. Populate repetitions (does not apply to fuzzy repetitions) - you can turn this off here and still populate repetitions up and down on a segment by segment basis from the segment options (from the 'More' menu in Workbench or right-click to open context menu for that repetition).

If you still have troubles, please reach out to our support team at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.
Many thanks,

Sara Basile
Product Manager
XTM International Ltd
www.xtm.cloud

cedery
Local time: 15:55
Tag (2010 óta)
angol - francia
XTM: A major step in the wrong direction May 4

This is by far the worst translation software I have ever encountered, incredibly slow and lacking in essential functionalities, how on earth did this software gain so much traction? It could not have been designed with the translator in mind.

Miranda Drew

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]

Ehhez a fórumhoz nincs külön moderátor kijelölve.
Ha a webhely szabályainak megsértését kívánja jelenteni, vagy segítségre van szüksége, lépjen kapcsolatba a webhely munkatársaival ».

What is your opinion on XTM Cloud CAT tool?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »