Wordfast changes Word settings
Thread poster: Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:52
English to Danish
+ ...
Mar 5, 2003

I have just installed Wordfast (version 4.12) in order to try out this highly acclaimed and reasonably priced tool. I have one problem, however, which I hope someone with more experience can help me with.

Now what happens is that my invoices which I make in word with an embedded Excel spreadsheet do not function any more. The embedded spreadsheet simply has disappeared as has also the image file with my logo, direction, VAT number etc.

Also when opening
... See more
I have just installed Wordfast (version 4.12) in order to try out this highly acclaimed and reasonably priced tool. I have one problem, however, which I hope someone with more experience can help me with.

Now what happens is that my invoices which I make in word with an embedded Excel spreadsheet do not function any more. The embedded spreadsheet simply has disappeared as has also the image file with my logo, direction, VAT number etc.

Also when opening the WF manual, the table of contents, which is one of these automatically created features that brings you to the chapter by just clicking the item in the list, also does not work - the TOC simply isn\'t there. Also the hotlinks included in the document do not work.

I am convinced that it must be caused by WF changing the settings (macros?) somewhere, but I haven\'t got a clue to what I can do.

It\'s the second time I try to install WF, and the second time this exact problem arises.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I can do to solve the problem?

Since posting this problem I have solved the WF manual issue, but the other issue with my invoice remains, and is evidently quite disturbing.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-03-05 15:27]
Collapse

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:52
German to English
+ ...
Me too! Mar 5, 2003

This happened to me too after I installed WordFast. The logo and embedded addresses in my Word invoices do not appear when I open the file. If I click Print Preview and then Close, they appear, but I have to keep re-doing this. Weird...

Derek Smith
Derek Smith  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
Italian to English
+ ...
Check 'Tools' Mar 5, 2003

Hi Niels

I have a similar problem with WF, because it disables the display of drawings (this setting can be found in Tools->Options->View). The fact that drawings are not displayed would perhaps explain some, if not all of your problems. However, the next time you use WF the drawings setting will default to off. I wonder if someone else can provide a more permanent solution here.

Cheers

Derek

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Change them back Mar 5, 2003

In Word go to Tools/Options/View/Show/Field codes and uncheck the check box.

Wordfast sometimes changes the View settings for Field codes and Formatting/Paragraph marks. Nothing serious.

Regards,

Gerard

oceanblue
oceanblue
English to Italian
Me too ! Mar 5, 2003

The first time when this happened, after recovering from PANICK, I thought I would re-paste all graphics (logo etc) in my files and when pasting the copied logo all of sudden all other graphics came back.

Wish this is useful to you...

CIAO from sunny Italy,

oceanblue

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Monitor Mar 5, 2003

Have had the same problems, but I always have a look at the settings in MS Word.

After using Wordfast steadily since September last year I have written some of my experiences here: http://www.you-name-it.com/wordfast.htm

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-03-05 19:13]

María del Carmen Cerda
María del Carmen Cerda
Local time: 12:52
English to Spanish
Wordfast group in Yahoo Mar 6, 2003

There is a group in Yahoo for solving problems with Wordfast that you might try.

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:52
German to English
+ ...
Thanks, Derek Mar 7, 2003

Derek\'s solution worked for me. I will submit this issue to the users\' group and see what they say.

Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everybody Mar 13, 2003

It\'s wonderful with this community of friendly professional and colleagues. You solved my problem.........

I wish you all plain sailing!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast changes Word settings

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »