Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:11
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 7, 2020

Hello everyone

Is there a way I can see or generate a report that shows whether a 95% match came from the translator's own TM or from the client's TM?

I often get files for proofreading where the client had pre-translated the file against his own, reliable TM, and then the translator used MT (with the client's consent). But if there is an untranslated segment that is a 95% match for another segment that the translator translated via MT, it shows up in WFP5 as a "95%" ma
... See more
Hello everyone

Is there a way I can see or generate a report that shows whether a 95% match came from the translator's own TM or from the client's TM?

I often get files for proofreading where the client had pre-translated the file against his own, reliable TM, and then the translator used MT (with the client's consent). But if there is an untranslated segment that is a 95% match for another segment that the translator translated via MT, it shows up in WFP5 as a "95%" match, in a way that is identical to if the 95% match came from the client's approved and reviewed TM.

I examined the source code of the TXLF file, but there doesn't seem to be any way to distinguish a fuzzy match from an unreviewed machine translation from a fuzzy match from a reviewed unit in the client's TM.

WFP5 fake fuzzy match

Any advice? I can't ask the client for the original, untranslated TXLF file.

Samuel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Distinguishing between fuzzy match from MT and fuzzy match from TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »