Blessing Uzuegbu  Identity Verified
Nigeria
Local time: 09:07
Member (2018)
English to Igbo
+ ...
Oct 24, 2019

Hello colleagues,

Kindly help me out on this technical issue on Wordfast 5 pro. I have finished my translation, source file format is word file , it has two colowmns one for source and the other target text, I had finished my translation on Wordfast 5 pro, my problem now is the file that I saved have only one column, which is target file, I need the billigual as the final file. Anyone can help? I am in a tight fix now. Thank you for reading.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Blessing Oct 25, 2019

Blessing Uzuegbu wrote:
The source file format is a Word file. It has two columns, one for source and the other target text.

Does the source file also have two columns when you open it in Word? Or does it have two columns when you view it inside Wordfast Pro 5?

Or: It is my understanding that if the source file is a Word file with a table in it with two columns, then both columns will be loaded into WFP5 as translatable, so you should end up with a final file in Word that has two columns and the translation in both columns. Is that what happened?

I had finished my translation on Wordfast 5 Pro. My problem now is the file that I saved has only one column, which is target file. I need the bilingual as the final file.

Hmm...

It is possible that you had used the "Get MS Word Table" button on the File tab in TXLF Editor view.

This is a longshot, but: it may be that you should have used the "bilingual export", which is available in the Quick Tools. Click the Quick Tools icon, then go to the Bilingual Export tab, and drag-and-drop the TXLF file onto it, and press the Export Bilingual Files button. If the file name is too long (you'll get a cryptic error message), drag-and-drop the folder that the TXLF file is in.

[Edited at 2019-10-25 11:28 GMT]

Blessing Uzuegbu

Blessing Uzuegbu
Blessing Uzuegbu  Identity Verified
Nigeria
Member (2018)
English to Igbo
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Oct 25, 2019

Hello Samuel,

Thank you very much for your kind response, it worked, I now have my billingual file exported. I am very grateful for your kind gesture.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to download a billigual file format on WordFast 5 Pro

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »