Christin Speck
Christin Speck  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:35
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 10, 2018

I've recently migrated to WF5 and I'm having some trouble getting used to it. I usually work on GLP-packages sent from the client, I export the package and send the complete GLP back without problems. Now I'm translating a single word doc but can't safe it as docx after finishing the translation. The "safe as" option is actually greyed out and not available, I just have the "Safe" option, meaning that I only get the txlf but not the clean word file. Troubleshooting resources for WF5 are scarce, ... See more
I've recently migrated to WF5 and I'm having some trouble getting used to it. I usually work on GLP-packages sent from the client, I export the package and send the complete GLP back without problems. Now I'm translating a single word doc but can't safe it as docx after finishing the translation. The "safe as" option is actually greyed out and not available, I just have the "Safe" option, meaning that I only get the txlf but not the clean word file. Troubleshooting resources for WF5 are scarce, can anyone here help? Many thanksCollapse

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:35
English to German
+ ...
Translated file not saving as docx in WFP5 Jan 16, 2018

Hi Christin
instead of "Save as" or "Save" have you tried "Clean"?

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 17:35
Save File as translated Jan 16, 2018

Hi Christin,

If you have TXLF editor open go to File menu and selected Save file as translated.

If you are on Current Project use the option Cleanup and make sure you have the settings for Translated File Settings to enter the path for saved target file.

Thank you,

John

Christin Speck wrote:

I've recently migrated to WF5 and I'm having some trouble getting used to it. I usually work on GLP-packages sent from the client, I export the package and send the complete GLP back without problems. Now I'm translating a single word doc but can't safe it as docx after finishing the translation. The "safe as" option is actually greyed out and not available, I just have the "Safe" option, meaning that I only get the txlf but not the clean word file. Troubleshooting resources for WF5 are scarce, can anyone here help? Many thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated file not saving as docx in WFP5

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »