WF Pro 5: Can't open glossary (Connection is unsuccessful)
Thread poster: Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 03:55
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jan 5, 2018

I am simply trying to use a glossary from a previous job in a new job, but I can't import it, because all I get is: Connection is unsuccessful.
When I open the previous job and try to open the glossary there, I get the same message. It has worked fine before, and the language codes in the two jobs are the same, and I assume the glossary is too, since it was created in the first job. (Not sure how I can see the language codes of the glossary when I can't open it, though.)

I can
... See more
I am simply trying to use a glossary from a previous job in a new job, but I can't import it, because all I get is: Connection is unsuccessful.
When I open the previous job and try to open the glossary there, I get the same message. It has worked fine before, and the language codes in the two jobs are the same, and I assume the glossary is too, since it was created in the first job. (Not sure how I can see the language codes of the glossary when I can't open it, though.)

I can't find this error message in the help page, and I can't find it when I google. What am I missing?

WF Pro 5.1.1
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2

Oh, and now I opened the new project file again, and I got this error message: "Errors have occurred while opening the TXLF file. Cannot load the collection exception." This is meaningless to me, but is it related?

[Edited at 2018-01-05 01:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-01-05 01:26 GMT]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Post removed by the poster.
Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 03:55
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But it's not a remote glossary Jan 5, 2018

I am just trying to open the glossary in a job that I finished a while ago (and also use that glossary in the new job). Wouldn't that be a local glossary? I don't have any URL addresses or any other addresses that I know of.

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Please disregard then Jan 5, 2018

Sorry, I thought you were connecting to a remote glossary!

Best of luck. Maybe try clicking help tab then feedback, and ask for support (the quickest way, from experience).

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 02:55
Glossary corrupted Jan 5, 2018

Hi Elisabeth,

There are several reasons why a glossary sends that message. One of the reason I have seen is using the glossary in Cloud drives like Google, Dropbox corrupts the index and creates connection issues.

Can you email full.log file from {user.home}\.gs4tr.editor\full.log, you may need to enable show hidden files/folders to see .gs4tr.editor folder. My email is [email protected]

Thank you,

John

DJHartmann wrote:

Sorry, I thought you were connecting to a remote glossary!

Best of luck. Maybe try clicking help tab then feedback, and ask for support (the quickest way, from experience).

Ana Maria Edlin
Ana Maria Edlin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:55
German to English
+ ...
Can't open old or create new LOCAL glossaries in Wordfast 5 Jan 13, 2018

Hi Elisabeth,

I also work with High Sierra and am finding the Wordfast 5 experience profoundly frustrating. After years of working happily with Wordfast 3, I was asked by a client to use Wordfast 5 for a specific project. I don't know how many times I have followed the instructions in the Wordfast Wiki to migrate my local TM and glossary, it just won't work. I have updated to the newest versions of both programmes. I get the same error messages. I have registered for Wordfast's Word
... See more
Hi Elisabeth,

I also work with High Sierra and am finding the Wordfast 5 experience profoundly frustrating. After years of working happily with Wordfast 3, I was asked by a client to use Wordfast 5 for a specific project. I don't know how many times I have followed the instructions in the Wordfast Wiki to migrate my local TM and glossary, it just won't work. I have updated to the newest versions of both programmes. I get the same error messages. I have registered for Wordfast's Wordfast 5 course, not only to learn how to make the most of the new features, but also in the hope of finding some solution.

As far as I'm concerned, there must be a bug in Wordfast 5. I just hope it gets sorted out soon.

Wordfast Pro 5.3.0
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2

Please post if you find a solution.

Regards

Ana
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: empty

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro 5: Can't open glossary (Connection is unsuccessful)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »