Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:33
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 9, 2017

Hello
I've installed the latest version of WF, but it still have problems as it very often shuts down suddenly and you have to try to open it several times again before you can use it.

I would like to start using it more than WF3, but it is still very slow.

Then, after getting it opened and working (after several shutdowns) most shortcuts I've enabled don't work anymore. If I try the same action through the icons it works. For instance, I would like to copy tags
... See more
Hello
I've installed the latest version of WF, but it still have problems as it very often shuts down suddenly and you have to try to open it several times again before you can use it.

I would like to start using it more than WF3, but it is still very slow.

Then, after getting it opened and working (after several shutdowns) most shortcuts I've enabled don't work anymore. If I try the same action through the icons it works. For instance, I would like to copy tags or a segment.

I'm using it on a Mac with OS Sierra 10.12.6.

Any tip about this? Using the shortcut is essential for me!

Did you get similar issues?

Thanks
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 17:33
Is this Macbook Pro with Touch bar? Nov 9, 2017

Hi Lucia,

Are you using Macbook Pro with Touchbar?
Crash seems to happen when touchbar is used, it could be related to that.

Thank you,

John

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No touchbar Nov 9, 2017

Hi John,
thanks for your reply.
I've been using the same MacBook for Wordfast 3 - 4 and 5, till the previous version of WF5.

The strange thing is that some shortcuts work and others not. For instance "copy tags" or "copy source" doesn't work.
And they are the same keys I used for WF 4 and previous version of WF5.

Lucia

John Daniel
John Daniel
Check Preferences > Shortcuts Nov 10, 2017

Hi Lucia,

I would also Check Preferences > Shortcuts and look for Copy Tags and Copy Source if they don't have any shortcut binding add it to them.

Thank you,

John

Lucia Messuti wrote:

Hi John,
thanks for your reply.
I've been using the same MacBook for Wordfast 3 - 4 and 5, till the previous version of WF5.

The strange thing is that some shortcuts work and others not. For instance "copy tags" or "copy source" doesn't work.
And they are the same keys I used for WF 4 and previous version of WF5.

Lucia

[Edited at 2017-11-10 17:40 GMT]

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already set up shortcut keys in Preferences Nov 10, 2017

Hi Daniel,
thanks for your tips, but I've already set up shortcut keys in the relevant Preference section. What do you mean for "binding"?

I've defined them and they have been accepted. Maybe the key "ALT" has issues?

If I click on the icons above the editor view they perform the action; and I've checked the icons and they show the key combination I set up in the preferences. So, I can perform the "copy tag" feature clicking on the icon but not with the shortcut
... See more
Hi Daniel,
thanks for your tips, but I've already set up shortcut keys in the relevant Preference section. What do you mean for "binding"?

I've defined them and they have been accepted. Maybe the key "ALT" has issues?

If I click on the icons above the editor view they perform the action; and I've checked the icons and they show the key combination I set up in the preferences. So, I can perform the "copy tag" feature clicking on the icon but not with the shortcut keys.

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Left Alt key? Nov 10, 2017

Hi Lucia,

Have you tried using left alt key instead of right?

Can you contact me here [email protected] so I can setup one on one meeting with you to find solutions?

Thank you,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 5.1.1 and shortcut keys

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »