Thread poster: B D Finch
B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:00
French to English
+ ...
May 4, 2014

Wordfast Pro was working fine until yesterday, when I wanted to amend my very large translation after proofreading the printout. I am using Wordfast 3.4 on Windows 8.1.

Now, I get error messages such as, when pressing ALT+DOWN:

"Next Segment (TM Commit)" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information.
String index out of range: -1

OR

"Next Segment (TM Commit)" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more inf
... See more
Wordfast Pro was working fine until yesterday, when I wanted to amend my very large translation after proofreading the printout. I am using Wordfast 3.4 on Windows 8.1.

Now, I get error messages such as, when pressing ALT+DOWN:

"Next Segment (TM Commit)" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information.
String index out of range: -1

OR

The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

ALSO

When opening txml file in Wordfast:

An error has occurred when activating this view
File C:\Users\Barbara\.wf_workspace\glossaries\g_2\glossary.dat in use by another program.

Find/Replace wasn't working at all (nothing at all happened if I pressed CTRL+F or CTRL+H, but it has now just started showing the dialogue box again. However, it is still not working as nothing happens when I click Find within the dialogue box.

I have reinstalled Wordfast and Java, but this hasn't helped.

[Edited at 2014-05-04 09:09 GMT]
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:00
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Java, really? May 5, 2014

I see nothing in your messages pointing to Java errors. Rather it looks like your translation memory is corrupt. Load it to, say, Okapi Olifant and check for errors.

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:00
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Source of problem detected May 5, 2014

Thanks esperantisto. In fact, it was a corrupted glossary. I was able to close the glossaries, as I had finished the actual translation and was just doing the revisions. However, I shall need to repair the glossary. Urgent as I have a large amount of related translation work. I used to use Okapi Olifant, but seem to recall from the last time I used it that it is very out-of-date and that I couldn't get various things to work - or that the program is too obscure for the non-geek likes of me. Is t... See more
Thanks esperantisto. In fact, it was a corrupted glossary. I was able to close the glossaries, as I had finished the actual translation and was just doing the revisions. However, I shall need to repair the glossary. Urgent as I have a large amount of related translation work. I used to use Okapi Olifant, but seem to recall from the last time I used it that it is very out-of-date and that I couldn't get various things to work - or that the program is too obscure for the non-geek likes of me. Is there any other glossary tweeker available for Wordfast users?Collapse

Luciana Sosa

Luiz Barucke
Luiz Barucke  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:00
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Same problem Nov 17, 2014

Hi Finch,

You've just saved my life

I started to get the same error string and, after trying many solutions, I read your message and... Bingo... It was a problem with one of the glossaries of the client.

I disabled it, and everything got back to normal.

Thanks!

[Editada em 2014-11-17 17:33 GMT]

Luciana Sosa
Luciana Sosa  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:00
English to Spanish
Thank you for helping me too Jan 14, 2020

Same thing here! 10 minutes later I came up with this thread. Your experience was very helpful. Thank you! ♥

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Java errors making Wordfast Pro unusable

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »