Is it possible to extract/copy numbers from source segments automatically?
Thread poster: François-Xavier Pâque
François-Xavier Pâque
François-Xavier Pâque
Belgium
Local time: 00:06
Member (2010)
Russian to French
+ ...
Nov 26, 2009

Hello all once again,

I work with WFP on mac. I would like to know if there would be a possibility to activate the automatic extraction/copying of numbers from source segments into the fuzzy matches from TM, as Trados does.

Hope you can help me !

thanks a lot

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-11-26 12:33 GMT]

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 00:06
English to Arabic
Potential Feature Nov 26, 2009

François-Xavier Pâque wrote:

I work with WFP on mac. I would like to know if there would be a possibility to activate the automatic extraction/copying of numbers from source segments into the fuzzy matches from TM.

Dear François-Xavier,

This is available in Wordfast Classic. As for Wordfast Pro, this is already on the list of the potential features.

In the meanwhile, you can double click the source cell to unlock it and copy/paste the part of text you need into the target cell.

Many thanks for your feedback.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:06
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is it not possible yet? Apr 17, 2010

I was wondering if this feature has already been enabled. It will help me a lot today!

Have a nice day

Clarisa

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:06
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Smarter with numbers Jul 17, 2012

I am also looking for this feature (3 years since the first post).

I just used Trados (Tageditor) for a large project and found that it is smarter with numbers.
It is great to find matching TM segments but the numbers should update to match the current segment.

Since TransCheck can already check for discrepancies in numbers between source and target, I wonder if it is really hard to apply matching while translating.

Hope we will see it soon.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:06
Finnish to French
Number replacement Jul 17, 2012

Not sure exactly what you want to achieve, but have you enabled the following setting:

Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory > Use Replaceables for higher TM matches > Number replacement?

How to auto copy all numbers only source segments in target Wordfast 5 pro? Oct 31, 2017

How to auto copy all numbers only source segments in target Wordfast 5 pro?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to extract/copy numbers from source segments automatically?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »