Thread poster: Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Ireland
Local time: 20:46
English to Danish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2003

I am using the older Wordfast version which has worked fine so far. I have just finished my translation and wanted to clean up the document and it all seems to work fine, it reports not bad segments. But when I look at the document all the English bits are still there. Hope I won't have to clean it up manually - it is quite long.

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Only guessing.... Aug 5, 2003

Do you work with a licensed version? If not maybe your TM is too big.

HTH
Natália

Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 22:46
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
I've had the same problem recently, Aug 5, 2003

... while I was translating .html files. I found out that when I clean up the translated .doc file, the corresponding .html is updated automatically, although I still see the source segments in the .doc file.
Unfortunately, if you are only working with .doc file, I do not know how I could help.

Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Ireland
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have solved it Aug 5, 2003

I guess I was panicing a little late last night - thank god I didn't finish my translation in the last minute so I still had time to solve it. I am using the full version but not the latest update. Anyway the problem seems to be related to the Quick clean-function and which I have been using all the time. I guess I was a little bit in a hurry learning WordFast and also daft never realising that there is a proper cleaning function which also updates the TM. So when I finally used this function ... See more
I guess I was panicing a little late last night - thank god I didn't finish my translation in the last minute so I still had time to solve it. I am using the full version but not the latest update. Anyway the problem seems to be related to the Quick clean-function and which I have been using all the time. I guess I was a little bit in a hurry learning WordFast and also daft never realising that there is a proper cleaning function which also updates the TM. So when I finally used this function it worked out fine. I don't know but the doc does contain a lot of forms ect. which may have to do with Quick clean not working.

Thanks for your replies anyway.

Anne
Collapse

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Sure you did not hit Quick Clean? Aug 5, 2003

Beside what the colleagues suggested, it's possible you hit the QuickClean (Update memory only) options/command during the clean up command sequence (it happens to me kinda often ).

This command will update your memory without acutally cleaning (stripping out the source) your document.

HTH

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Sorry, I had not seen your post Aug 5, 2003

Anne Seerup wrote:

the problem seems to be related to the Quick clean-function and which I have been using all the time.

Altough my post has later time stamp, your post wasn't there when I sent it.

Melius abundare quam deficere (Latin for Better too much than none)

[Edited at 2003-08-05 12:52]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help Wordfast does not clean my translated document

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »