Thread poster: Irene S.
Irene S.
Irene S.  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:35
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jul 19, 2003

I have to translate an .XML file and the client sent me the DTD .ini file. Please tell me what should I do with this .INI file.

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:35
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Try the Wordfast Yahoogroup Jul 19, 2003

That´s the best place to get an answer to your problem

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/

Good luck
Natália

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:35
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Translating XML with Wordfast Jul 19, 2003

If it's a short xml file, translate it without using a cat tool by overwriting anything translatable.

If you have the dtd file and you think you need Wordfast, put the dtd file in the same directory as the xml file and tag the xml file for translation with +Tools.

If you're not sure what the above means, don't accept the job (with or without Wordfast).

Regards,
Gerard

Ursula Peter-Czichi
Ursula Peter-Czichi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:35
German to English
+ ...
Conversion: Flat Files:XML files Jul 19, 2003

Irene S. wrote:

I have to translate an .XML file and the client sent me the DTD .ini file. Please tell me what should I do with this .INI file.

The explanations found at this URL might be helpful. Please, also note their conversion tool (free to try!)
[flat files (like ini-files) are not indexed].

http://www.unidex.com/overview.htm#Introduction

Here is another hint: OpenOffice (free to download) uses the xml-format for all programs but the Math-program.

HTH a little,

Ursula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DTD in Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »