Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:00
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 16, 2003

Hello,

I installed Wordfast (Proz offer) to become a faster translator- so far so good.

Now when I open WORD my vanDale buttons AND menu option are GONE. Which would make me a slower and worse translator! Can\'t find them.

They are also generated in a word macro. If I have Wordfast installed, can I not use my vanDale dictionaries in Word anymore? Or do I have to take the wordfast.dot out of start-up?

I

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:00
German to English
How to keep other templates active Jul 16, 2003

Anjo Sterringa wrote:
If I have Wordfast installed, can I not use my vanDale dictionaries in Word anymore? Or do I have to take the wordfast.dot out of start-up?
I

Hi Anjo,

This answer comes from the Wordfast manual, but it refers to a Pandora's Box (PB) command so you'll need to delve into the setup panel to find that.

- KeepTemplate=addin.dot

"When you expand the Wordfast template, Wordfast de-activates any template or add_in found in Tools/Templates & Add-Ins. Many templates have conflicting shortcuts or macros.

If you want to keep a template which can work together with Wordfast, enter its name. The example provided here [i.e. KeepTemplate=addin.dot] would keep the template named "addin.dot" active together with Wordfast."

So, to test whether the two are compatible:
- activate PB
- activate the Keep_Template= command (by removing the underscore)
- insert the name of your template after the equals sign

Then see whether the Wordfast keystrokes are still working.

Also, why not check out the Dictionary section of the manual, which says:

"(PC only) Wordfast can be linked to virtually any external dictionary application, such as the Collins™ On-line, Harrap's™ Shorter, Merriam Webster's™, Microsoft Encarta™, any web-based dictionary or database, Trados Multiterm™ etc, using the Select dictionary button of the Setup/Files tab..."

Good luck with the software!

All the best, Deborah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast installation erases vanDale buttons-HELP

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »