Wordfast: 'Run-time error 53' while trying to import Mutliterm glossary
Thread poster: Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:40
English to Danish
+ ...
Jun 20, 2003

I know that it should be 'piece of cake' to open a Multiterm glossary directly in WF, however, when trying to do so, I first get a dialog asking me to delete the glossary languages I don't need (seems to be a multilanguage glossary) and then it seems to work till the 'Run-time error 53 - cannot find file' appears' and the resulting txt-file (which was supposed to be the glossary) is empty.

I have WF vers. 4.20 working on MS Word 2000 for PC.

Does any of you know how to
... See more
I know that it should be 'piece of cake' to open a Multiterm glossary directly in WF, however, when trying to do so, I first get a dialog asking me to delete the glossary languages I don't need (seems to be a multilanguage glossary) and then it seems to work till the 'Run-time error 53 - cannot find file' appears' and the resulting txt-file (which was supposed to be the glossary) is empty.

Does any of you know how to solve this problem or have any idea as to how to get around this bug.

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S. A kind colleague has converted the file to txt for me, and now I can see that the reason for the error was, that the Danish translations were in the 'Dutch' column and that there was no 'Danish' column. So when deleting the unneeded languages leaving only English and Dutch in stead of 'Danish' everything works fine.

[Edited at 2003-06-20 13:09]
Collapse

Wayne Sutton (X)
Wayne Sutton (X)
Local time: 16:40
French to English
backup the MTW file and try again.. Jun 20, 2003

I had the same problem on my first attempt. Make sure it is the MTW file you are using (back it up first) and repeat the operation described in the manual a couple of times. (it took three attempts for me). If it doesn't do the trick then I'm sure you'll find someone on the wfast board with a lot more experience than me to help out.

Cheers
Wayne

Niels Barfoed wrote:

Does any of you know how to solve this problem or have any idea as to how to get around this bug.

Thank you very much in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast: 'Run-time error 53' while trying to import Mutliterm glossary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »