Thread poster: sabrino
sabrino
sabrino  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 02:47
French to Japanese
+ ...
Jul 7, 2017

crossweb server location is problem if the network delay by tracert is beyond 200 ms. For online work, the network delay should be less than 10 ms. If not, no meaning of online tools, these are intended only for exploiting translators time.

[Edited at 2017-07-07 03:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-07-07 05:01 GMT]

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please clarify Jul 7, 2017

sabrino wrote:

crossweb server location is problem if the network delay by tracert is beyond 200 ms. For online work, the network delay should be less than 10 ms. If not, no meaning of online tools, these are intended only for exploiting translators time.

[Edited at 2017-07-07 03:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-07-07 05:01 GMT]

I have absolutely no idea of what you're trying to say. Kindly clarify in idiomatic English please.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Across sub-forum Jul 7, 2017

Maybe you could try posting this in the Across section of the forum... http://www.proz.com/forum/across_support-538.html

Although I am not sure Across would be able to do anything about a bad ping to a server...

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
:-o Jul 7, 2017

Me neither!! I don't even know what Crossweb is!

Kaspars Melkis
Kaspars Melkis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:47
English to Latvian
+ ...
I feel your pain Jul 7, 2017

Cloud translation environment is unusable if you have to wait 1 or 2 seconds to go to next segment. It can be not only due to ping times but server load or poorly written software that is too slow for large files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

crossweb practice

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »