Eugenia Morris
Eugenia Morris
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:36
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 4, 2014

Dear colleagues registered as sole traders in the UK,

does anybody know how to get a tax statement showing all the income I have received so far, as well as tax and NI paid? I would need it for example to show in banks to apply for mortgage.

I do not have an accountant, I do all papers myself. I have found lots of tips about how to do tax return (self assessment) but this is not what I need. If anybody has applied for such a statement before, I would appreciate your hel
... See more
Dear colleagues registered as sole traders in the UK,

does anybody know how to get a tax statement showing all the income I have received so far, as well as tax and NI paid? I would need it for example to show in banks to apply for mortgage.

I do not have an accountant, I do all papers myself. I have found lots of tips about how to do tax return (self assessment) but this is not what I need. If anybody has applied for such a statement before, I would appreciate your help! Or maybe you know particular keywords to use in search.

Thank you in advance!
Eugenia
Collapse

Barbara Bonatti Divers
Barbara Bonatti Divers  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
your tax calculation sheet should do Mar 4, 2014

When you submit your tax return online on the HMRC website, you have the option to view and print out your calculation. On this are shown income, taxes and payments in a clear breakdown.

This should do for the purpose.

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
Form SA302 Mar 4, 2014

As far as I know, the form you need is the SA302. However, I think Barbara is right. See the link below, because according to the HMRC, if you do your tax return online you can just print off your tax calculation which will have all the information the bank or building society should need. The only problem is that this printout may not have the num... See more
As far as I know, the form you need is the SA302. However, I think Barbara is right. See the link below, because according to the HMRC, if you do your tax return online you can just print off your tax calculation which will have all the information the bank or building society should need. The only problem is that this printout may not have the number SA302 on it.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/understand-calc.htm
Collapse

Eugenia Morris
Eugenia Morris
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 4, 2014

Thank you Barbara and Nikki for your replies! I do have a similar document (a document where pages are marked as SA100, SA103, etc) but I never thought they can be used for that as well. Being Russian, I thought that should be some special paper with 20 stamps and 50 signatures. Well, at least now I see I need to look for SA302 or just an ordinary return file.

Thomas Pfann
Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
HMRC will send a SA302 on request Mar 4, 2014

Call HMRC and ask for form SA302 for the tax years you need. They'll send it by mail and it will be with you within a few days.

The form is really the same as the tax calculation which you can download and print yourself. However, some banks no longer accept your own printout but ask for said form.

Eugenia Morris
Eugenia Morris
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 4, 2014

Thank you Thomas!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to get a tax statement for proving income

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »