Article: How to improve your listing in the freelancer directory
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Jun 26, 2005

This topic is for discussion of the ProZ.com translation article "How to improve your listing in the freelancer directory".

Larisa Zlatic, Ph.D.
Larisa Zlatic, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:24
Member (2004)
English to Serbian
+ ...
a good article, but Feb 14, 2010

A good, concise guide on how to improve the freelance proz.com visibility.
However, I was astounded to hear that we are being charged to verify our identities, especially from the PAYING MEMBERS. This should not have happened. It is not professional. We paid our membership and you already verified our identities when we paid. Right?
Thanks,
Larisa

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:24
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Identities are verified comparing the information on profiles with the information on payments Feb 16, 2010

Dear Larisa,

Identities are verified comparing the information on profiles with the information on payments. That is why users are required to make a payment to have their ID verified. Of course, any payment can be used for verifying an ID.

In your particular case, I see your ID was verified when you first purchased membership. You later changed the real name in your profile and your ID was no longer verified. I have now re-verified your ID.

Hope this expl
... See more
Dear Larisa,

Identities are verified comparing the information on profiles with the information on payments. That is why users are required to make a payment to have their ID verified. Of course, any payment can be used for verifying an ID.

In your particular case, I see your ID was verified when you first purchased membership. You later changed the real name in your profile and your ID was no longer verified. I have now re-verified your ID.

Hope this explains!

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Best regards,

Alejandro Cavalitto
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

Ahmed Alhussieny

ARKADIUSZ KACZOROWSKI
ARKADIUSZ KACZOROWSKI  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:24
English to Polish
+ ...
great article Nov 26, 2010

To be recommended to everyone!
www.lingua-franca.pl

R.C. (X)
R.C. (X)
English to Italian
+ ...
A SUMMARY OF WHAT PROZ OFFERS Dec 13, 2010

Thank you for the article, that I read with interest. However I think that recognised interpreters and translators approaching a website like ProZ would complete the forms as suggested in any case; I believe that one of the peculiarities of a good translator is, in fact, tideness and punctuality, even when mirroring him-herself into a blank form.

The operations suggested are in fact what the site staff suggested; many might choose to hide themselves and report little when certificat
... See more
Thank you for the article, that I read with interest. However I think that recognised interpreters and translators approaching a website like ProZ would complete the forms as suggested in any case; I believe that one of the peculiarities of a good translator is, in fact, tideness and punctuality, even when mirroring him-herself into a blank form.

The operations suggested are in fact what the site staff suggested; many might choose to hide themselves and report little when certificates are missing or their background does not privilege translation and interpreting completely, but this is another issue.

Please keep in touch! Best wishes,

Raffaela C.
Collapse

Orawan Narakul (X)
Orawan Narakul (X)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:24
English to Thai
+ ...
Appropriate Timing Sep 26, 2011

This article is most worthwhile for non-member persons; once he/ she has decided to apply for membership, it means that this knowledge has been captured at a certain level.

To re-read it thus is somewhat redundancy.

Thank you.

Patrick Muriithi Nyawira
Patrick Muriithi Nyawira
Kenya
Local time: 00:24
English to Amharic
+ ...
Thanks! Oct 7, 2011

Really guided me in improving my listing position and in understanding Proz better. Really worthwhile for new members.

Thanks!

Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
A really valuable article. May 30, 2012

Dear colleague... Thanks for this valuable article. It is really a good summary of Proz. com's rules. I enjoyed reading it.
Hoping the best for you.

STAVRULA LYTRA
STAVRULA LYTRA
Local time: 00:24
Spanish to Greek
Es un artículo muy valioso Jun 17, 2012

Sin duda, este artículo ofrece consejos muy útiles para los nuevos miembros.
Es muy profesional. Me encanta leerlo... Gracias

Alexandra Speirs
Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Links Jul 5, 2012

Good article, but some of the "Edit" links don't work.

Apurva Barve
Apurva Barve
German to English
Very good article Nov 7, 2012

Precise and to the point

erickl
erickl
New Zealand
Local time: 09:24
English to French
+ ...
ranking Jun 19, 2013

I find it quite strange and inappropriate that Kudoz points take precedence in tems of ranking over customer feedback!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Article: How to improve your listing in the freelancer directory

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »