Article: Why pay more or beware of cheap translation services
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Feb 18, 2010

This topic is for discussion of the ProZ.com translation article "Why pay more or beware of cheap translation services".

joao esteves
joao esteves
Brazil
Local time: 23:42
English to Portuguese
I see eye to eye with you Feb 19, 2010

In your article, you express your realistic opinion on the issue of price, an opinion I share myself.
In the long run, those who charge unreasonably low fees and render poor services are working against translation, not only in its own right or as an art, but also as a profession.

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:42
Italian to English
+ ...
Needs revision by a native English translator Feb 26, 2010

The article as it stands is actually an ironic and presumably unintentional demonstration of exactly why you should beware of cheap translation services: it is written in unidiomatic English and contains grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and an entire paragraph that made very little sense to me.

I fully agree with the sentiment behind the article, but as it stands it is doing no favours at all to the author or to the website that's hosting it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Article: Why pay more or beware of cheap translation services

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »