Restrict Transit user access to projects/restrict projects displayed in 'Project brower' per user
Thread poster: Steveling2
Steveling2
Steveling2
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:54
German to English
Oct 4, 2018

Transit NXT v 4.0 SP10 build 1754.2

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can specifiy which projects a user sees in the 'Project browser' window? Or at least whether you can restrict access to projects via a Transit setting? Note that I don't mean remove access permissions in Windows – you can deny access to a project folder in Windows, but then Transit will complain that the working folder for project X is missing and offer to recreate it.

I can use the 'User
... See more
Transit NXT v 4.0 SP10 build 1754.2

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can specifiy which projects a user sees in the 'Project browser' window? Or at least whether you can restrict access to projects via a Transit setting? Note that I don't mean remove access permissions in Windows – you can deny access to a project folder in Windows, but then Transit will complain that the working folder for project X is missing and offer to recreate it.

I can use the 'User roles' tool to restrict what translators can do/change/delete/etc. in Transit, but this doesn't affect what they see in the 'Project browser' window.

Thanks.
Collapse

User scope? Oct 5, 2018

Hi,

when creating a project, you can select its scope. If you use "user" scope, each user will see only "his" projects.

Best regards,

O.N.

Steveling2
Steveling2
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:54
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
User scope works (with limitations) for new projects Oct 8, 2018

Hi Oiseau noir,

Thanks for your reply. Setting the user scope in a new project does hide the project from other users, but you cannot define the User, i.e. the User field is preset to my user and is uneditable. This means such a project is also hidden from a checker, for example, and you can't 'assign' a project to another user, only to yourself.

I've played around a bit with this, but I don't think there is a functionality that will do what we want. To be fair though,
... See more
Hi Oiseau noir,

Thanks for your reply. Setting the user scope in a new project does hide the project from other users, but you cannot define the User, i.e. the User field is preset to my user and is uneditable. This means such a project is also hidden from a checker, for example, and you can't 'assign' a project to another user, only to yourself.

I've played around a bit with this, but I don't think there is a functionality that will do what we want. To be fair though, the company has been happily using Transit for years without such functionality, so it's not a big problem.

Steveling2
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Restrict Transit user access to projects/restrict projects displayed in 'Project brower' per user

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »