Annett Roessner
Annett Roessner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 06:14
Member (2017)
English to German
May 19, 2018

Hi all,

So today I did my first translation in Transit and I’m really trying to like it but:

I couldn’t use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+ins (as per instruction video) to confirm a segment and had to confirm each from the ribbon band. Fun!!

I was not able to insert any terms to the dictionary by highlighting them and then go to ‘insert term’. When I did this nothing would happen.

Also, doe
... See more
Hi all,

So today I did my first translation in Transit and I’m really trying to like it but:

I couldn’t use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+ins (as per instruction video) to confirm a segment and had to confirm each from the ribbon band. Fun!!

I was not able to insert any terms to the dictionary by highlighting them and then go to ‘insert term’. When I did this nothing would happen.

Also, does anybody know if I indeed only have to unpack the project package I received from the agency or if I have to do more to get their TM included in my project. I now have a folder called Ref on my computer which I believe is the TM but I had absolutely no matches in my translation. How can I check if there is a TM included in my project package?

Thank you.

Best regards

Annett
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Answers? May 19, 2018

Annett Roessner wrote:

I couldn’t use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+ins (as per instruction video) to confirm a segment and had to confirm each from the ribbon band.

You mean ALT+INS?

There is a way via keyboard shortcuts. From the top of my head: ALT+K, [pick letter of the term to insert]. Does that work?

Also, does anybody know if I indeed only have to unpack the project package I received from the agency or if I have to do more to get their TM included in my project.

Yes, that should do the trick.

I now have a folder called Ref on my computer which I believe is the TM but I had absolutely no matches in my translation. How can I check if there is a TM included in my project package?

See the Reference material tab in the Project Settings. Also relevant: the Minimal status that is required to find matches:

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 10.47.14

Does it show 'Translated' on your computer too?

For your reference, some terminology-related keyboard shortcuts:

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 10.43.33

[Edited at 2018-05-19 08:51 GMT]

Annett Roessner
Annett Roessner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 06:14
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, alt +ins May 20, 2018

Hi Hans

Many thanks for your posting. Alt+ins is indeed not working. I’m not sure why this is.

Also is there a way in Transit to reconfirm a segment with an edited translation after the first segment was already confirmed to the TM without the cursor jumping to the next unconfirmed segment or the end of the document? I just want to move from segment to segment and check and edit my translation without trying to find where I left off.

In regards to the TM
... See more
Hi Hans

Many thanks for your posting. Alt+ins is indeed not working. I’m not sure why this is.

Also is there a way in Transit to reconfirm a segment with an edited translation after the first segment was already confirmed to the TM without the cursor jumping to the next unconfirmed segment or the end of the document? I just want to move from segment to segment and check and edit my translation without trying to find where I left off.

In regards to the TM, what exactly do I check under reference material?

I suppose there is no way to adjust the screen to have the ST in the left half of the screen as opposed to in the upper window. It’s really doing my head in.

I worked out what to do with the terminology. Thanks heaps.

Best regards

Annett
Collapse

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:14
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
A few late answers Nov 22, 2018

Annett Roessner wrote:
Alt+ins is indeed not working. I’m not sure why this is.

It looks like this shortcut does not work if you have the English interface loaded. As it works perfectly for the German interface, I think this is a bug and you should report this to Star.

Annett Roessner wrote:

The menu Processing>Navigate will give you information on different types of navigation between segments.
However, for proofreading, you should rather use the proofing mode than a segment-to-segment navigation. There are 3 different levels of proofreading: Spellcheck, Check1 and Check2. Refer to the manual to know the details of this function.

Annett Roessner wrote:
In regards to the TM, what exactly do I check under reference material?

I don't understand this question.

Annett Roessner wrote:
I suppose there is no way to adjust the screen to have the ST in the left half of the screen as opposed to in the upper window. It’s really doing my head in.

You do actually have the possibility to freely configure your windows how you want to have them. You will find 2 standard layouts for the source and target language under View>Language Pair. Refer to the manual for customise layouts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard shortcut and quick insert terms not working

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »