Problems with import of word files in Transit XV
Thread poster: Stephanie_SK
Stephanie_SK
Stephanie_SK
Local time: 19:06
German to English
Oct 12, 2016

Dear members,

I have a problem with import of word files in Transit XV. My Transit version allows Import of 95/97/2000 Word files. On my PC I have installed a new Word version which does not support saving files to an older Word version than 2003. So, the import of new Word files doesn't work.

I tried to import an older Word file from 1999 and it worked. So, I assume the problem is that I have installed a new Word version and can not save files to the Word version requi
... See more
Dear members,

I have a problem with import of word files in Transit XV. My Transit version allows Import of 95/97/2000 Word files. On my PC I have installed a new Word version which does not support saving files to an older Word version than 2003. So, the import of new Word files doesn't work.

I tried to import an older Word file from 1999 and it worked. So, I assume the problem is that I have installed a new Word version and can not save files to the Word version required by Transit. Before installation of the new Word version it worked fine.

Does anyone know whether filters for newer Word file types are available for Transit XV?

[Edited at 2016-10-12 18:16 GMT]
Collapse

Abdullah Hassaan
Abdullah Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 20:06
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Only Transit NXT works with newer office versions Oct 13, 2016

Hello Stephanie,

In order to overcome this issue and to be able to save the save as word 2000 or older, you can install Openoffice\LibreOffice and open the Word file with it and save it as Word 97-2000.

Best regards

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Save as RTF? Oct 13, 2016

Stephanie_SK wrote:

Dear members,

How about saving as RTF and import that? Though I've seen shifts in formatting due to the RTF roundtrip (with older Word versions).

Stephanie_SK
Stephanie_SK
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Transit XV Word Import Oct 14, 2016

Thank you very much for your answers.

I will try the Word installation. Yes, RTF works, but styles and formatting of the customer document would be lost partially. So, RTF only works for "simple" files.

Best regards

Stephanie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with import of word files in Transit XV

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »