Information on Transit CMD line interface
Thread poster: Russell Keeley
Russell Keeley
Russell Keeley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:44
Aug 5, 2016

Hi all,

I've noticed in the release notes of Transit NXT Service Pack 9 it mentions 'Enhanced command line interface in the CMD version'. This sounds quite interesting and I would like to know more about it. However, I can't find a single mention of this anywhere in the documentation. Does anyone know anything about this or know where I can find some details?

Thanks!

Russell

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
sorry Aug 5, 2016

this is not intended for regular users.

For CMD version only Aug 8, 2016

Hi Russel,

as the release notes say, the comand line interface is supported by the CMD version of Transit.
Therefore I assume the commands will not work with a standard Transit version.

Regards,

O.N.

Russell Keeley
Russell Keeley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:44
TOPIC STARTER
Still interested in finding out more Aug 8, 2016

Thanks for your replies!

I have a Transit NXT Professional licence. I was under the impression this was the full licence, but it seems that there is a fuller licence out there that wasn't on offer. Bit annoying really: if a full licence doesn't offer access to all features, this should be made clear. But I'm still quite interested in finding out more about it and perhaps becoming one of those non-regular users who get to use it, so I guess I'll get in touch with STAR and see if they
... See more
Thanks for your replies!

I have a Transit NXT Professional licence. I was under the impression this was the full licence, but it seems that there is a fuller licence out there that wasn't on offer. Bit annoying really: if a full licence doesn't offer access to all features, this should be made clear. But I'm still quite interested in finding out more about it and perhaps becoming one of those non-regular users who get to use it, so I guess I'll get in touch with STAR and see if they can provide me with some more details.

Russell
Collapse

CMD version is a UI-less "black box" for very specific scenarios Aug 11, 2016

Hi Russell,

no need to be annoyed: AFAIK, Transit Prof is the "highest" Transit with user interface, offering full functionality*.

What I was talking about is Transit CMD. Transit CMD has no user interface at all and only makes sense if used in fully automated processes without any user interaction.

Conclusion: Transit CMD is not a "fuller" license than Transit Prof, but a completely different story and intended for very special purposes.

* e
... See more
Hi Russell,

no need to be annoyed: AFAIK, Transit Prof is the "highest" Transit with user interface, offering full functionality*.

What I was talking about is Transit CMD. Transit CMD has no user interface at all and only makes sense if used in fully automated processes without any user interaction.

Conclusion: Transit CMD is not a "fuller" license than Transit Prof, but a completely different story and intended for very special purposes.

* except additonal optional filters/features that are clearly shown in STAR's product guide.

Regards,

O.N.
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 10:44
Legacy translations only? Aug 11, 2016

Oiseau noir wrote:

Transit CMD has no user interface at all and only makes sense if used in fully automated processes without any user interaction.

This would be valid for projects that fully consist of 100 % matches with previously translated documents, I guess? If not, STAR has created the goose with the golden eggs.

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 18.33.38

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
cmd Aug 11, 2016

this version is when you use transit in semi or fully automated processes, like when customers upload their data and some black box with transit behind and lot of other software does all that import, pretranslation etc. automatically. It has the same "professional" license, I mean, it has all its functionality, just the application itself doesn't have any interface, it's command line only.

Goose interaction Aug 29, 2016

This would be valid for projects that fully consist of 100 % matches with previously translated documents, I guess? If not, STAR has created the goose with the golden eggs.

Haha, this was a good one...

I assume you understood what I meant. If not:
Transit CMD has no user interface at all and only makes sense if used
    for fully automated process steps
without any user interaction.

Examples: Creating project from folder files, do the pretranslation, create project packages for the translators, receive sent translations, perform quality checks, and export the final results.

Transit CMD can automatically feed the goose, breed and fry the eggs, but the eggs still have to be laid with goose interaction.

Regards,
O.N.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Information on Transit CMD line interface

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »