Is there a way to export a file with corrections in Transit NXT (with track changes)
Thread poster: Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 06:19
English to Bulgarian
Apr 19, 2016

Hello!

I'm working on a big project in Transit NXT. The translated files are being proofread and it would be great if I can see what's done by the reviewer in track changes. Is there a way to export a file so I can see what's changed? The reviewer is keen to show me his work so I can improve.

Thank you in advance!

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 05:19
Export? Apr 20, 2016

Is your reviewer working in the original file format, like MS Word or InDesign? Or is he editing the target language files, like *.ENU?

Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 06:19
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
All I know is... Apr 20, 2016

The reviewer works in Transit NXT too.

Karen_E
Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:19
Use Transit's "Log as revision" function Apr 20, 2016

The latest version of Transit NXT has a track changes function, called "Log as revision". If you created the project and you yourself sent it to the reviewer to work in Transit, you can make use of this function when you receive the job back.
When you unpack the reviewed TPF, select the "Log as revision" checkbox in the Unpack translation window. That will then find any changes the reviewer made to your work, and you can see them in the "Segment info" window, with colours indicating the ch
... See more
The latest version of Transit NXT has a track changes function, called "Log as revision". If you created the project and you yourself sent it to the reviewer to work in Transit, you can make use of this function when you receive the job back.
When you unpack the reviewed TPF, select the "Log as revision" checkbox in the Unpack translation window. That will then find any changes the reviewer made to your work, and you can see them in the "Segment info" window, with colours indicating the changes.
Using the filters under the View ribbon, you can ask Transit to show you just the segments with changes, which will be a quicker way to view them.

If you didn't send the project to the reviewer, you won't be able to use the function in this way. You may have to just use an Office "Compare" function, for example.
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 05:19
Suggestion Apr 20, 2016

I'm not sure if this works, but you could try the following:
- Copy the source and language files of your own translation to a folder "Mine".
- Copy the source and language files of the translation of your reviewer to a folder "Reviewer".
- Reset the status of your translation project to Untranslated.
- Embed the two folders Mine and Reviewer as reference folders.
- Start translating again.

Segments without modifications by the reviewer should be insert
... See more
I'm not sure if this works, but you could try the following:
- Copy the source and language files of your own translation to a folder "Mine".
- Copy the source and language files of the translation of your reviewer to a folder "Reviewer".
- Reset the status of your translation project to Untranslated.
- Embed the two folders Mine and Reviewer as reference folders.
- Start translating again.

Segments without modifications by the reviewer should be inserted automatically.
For those segments that contain any modification, you should get two matches: your own translation and the one of the reviewer.
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
nope Aug 5, 2016

no, but you can export with colours. You can adjust font colors according to the segment status. e.g. all not translated in red.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to export a file with corrections in Transit NXT (with track changes)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »