Unable to perform licence upgrade
Thread poster: Lee Roby
Lee Roby
Lee Roby
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:19
Spanish to English
Sep 11, 2015

I have a code to renew my licence but am unable to use it because when I click on "licence upgrade" I get the error message "The program can't start because mia.lib is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

My old licence has now expired so unless this is resolved I will not be able to continue working with transit. I tried uninstalling the program in the hope that I would be able to reinstall with the new code, but the first time I tried to
... See more
I have a code to renew my licence but am unable to use it because when I click on "licence upgrade" I get the error message "The program can't start because mia.lib is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

My old licence has now expired so unless this is resolved I will not be able to continue working with transit. I tried uninstalling the program in the hope that I would be able to reinstall with the new code, but the first time I tried to uninstall I got the same error message. Since then, clicking on uninstall has no effect whatsoever.

I had previously had issues installing the latest service pack. After the "install aware wizard" stage I was getting the error message "Configuration data load error" and was unable to update.

I am not experiencing any similar problems with other programs.

Any ideas?
Collapse

Peamur
Peamur
Local time: 16:19
support Sep 25, 2015

Write to your support (Star UK?).

Lee Roby
Lee Roby
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:19
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved Sep 28, 2015

Tried that but the issue wasn't with the program apparently as it doesn't use mia.lib

I managed to find another way of uninstalling it (an .exe file i found on a forum) and then reinstalled and everything works fine now, thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to perform licence upgrade

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »