View dual fuzzy window (Transit NXT Pro)
Thread poster: Van Sambeek (X)
Van Sambeek (X)
Van Sambeek (X)
Local time: 17:04
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 2, 2015

During translation, the source fuzzy window appears with suggestions and the line with the best match if not 100% is automatically activated ready to be inserted in the target translation. I can not see the percentage and the reference file it is coming from because that (important) information is at the top line. I have to scroll up to make this info visible which is very annoying and time consuming. I have tried many things to change the view but so far I have not been able to adjust the windo... See more
During translation, the source fuzzy window appears with suggestions and the line with the best match if not 100% is automatically activated ready to be inserted in the target translation. I can not see the percentage and the reference file it is coming from because that (important) information is at the top line. I have to scroll up to make this info visible which is very annoying and time consuming. I have tried many things to change the view but so far I have not been able to adjust the window so that I can see all 4 lines of the best match (adjusting the size or changing the order of the lines). Is there anyone that can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Leon
Collapse

Karen_E
Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:04
Increasing the window height might improve it Sep 2, 2015

I haven't come across this issue myself before, but I have set my fuzzy window to be quite deep, so I can see about 8 lines of material (i.e. up to two full fuzzy matches). You say you changed the size, but I don't know if you mean width rather than depth.

Do you already have your own user profile set up, rather than one of the defaults? If you're still working on a default view, I'd recommend setting up your own, and rearranging the window views to allow a little more height, and s
... See more
I haven't come across this issue myself before, but I have set my fuzzy window to be quite deep, so I can see about 8 lines of material (i.e. up to two full fuzzy matches). You say you changed the size, but I don't know if you mean width rather than depth.

Do you already have your own user profile set up, rather than one of the defaults? If you're still working on a default view, I'd recommend setting up your own, and rearranging the window views to allow a little more height, and see if that helps. Then once you have it sorted, you can set it up to always open with that view.

Are you on the latest service pack? If not, I'd try upgrading first and seeing whether the problem sorts itself out.

Another tip is that the fuzzy percentage and other details also appear in the Segment info/Notes window, so if you have this to view, you will see it there as well.
Collapse

Van Sambeek (X)
Van Sambeek (X)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Increasing the height does not work Sep 3, 2015

Thanks for your reply!
Increasing the heigth did not work, for the cursor is placed at the first suggestion, which is on the fourth line from the top. Increasing height results in more blanc lines at the bottom in the window and the problem stays.

I have my own user profile and the programm is updated to the latest available patch. Your last suggestion is a help, I will try that but then I have another screen to check......

Thanks for your interest

Van Sambeek (X)
Van Sambeek (X)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dual fuzzy window: an example Sep 6, 2015

Like I said increasing the height doesn't work for the cursor is placed at the first suggestion which is on the fourth line from the top. Increasing height results in more blanc lines at the bottom in the window and the problem stays.

What I see is this:

But what I would like to see is this:

A small but crucial difference for working efficiently!

[Bijgewerkt op 2015-09-06 10:48 GMT]

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Including the images Sep 7, 2015

Van Sambeek wrote:

Like I said increasing the height doesn't work for the cursor is placed at the first suggestion which is on the fourth line from the top. Increasing height results in more blanc lines at the bottom in the window and the problem stays.

What I see is this:

But what I would like to see is this:

A small but crucial difference for working efficiently!

[Edited at 2015-09-07 07:44 GMT]

Van Sambeek (X)
Van Sambeek (X)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
picture visible!! Sep 7, 2015

Thanks for your help.
I don't know what was wrong but this looks OK to me!!

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Chinese to German
+ ...
Same problem here! Sep 8, 2015

Hi,

I know what you mean. I do have the same problem: Whenever I get a Fuzzy Match, the cursor automatically enters the line with the possible match. I almost always have to scroll up to check on differences between the old and the new text, and the longer the sentence is, the more I have to scroll, regardless of how wide the fuzzy window is.

It is pretty annoying.

Iris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

View dual fuzzy window (Transit NXT Pro)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »