Transit NXT does not show matches
Thread poster: robroy
robroy
robroy
Local time: 03:01
German to English
Aug 13, 2015

Hello, I am NOT a Transit expert and am doing my first project. My customer has set up the project and I have imported and unpacked a ppf file. I have translated a segment, confirmed with Alt + Ins, and a few lines later exactly the same segment recurs. However, my "first" translation is not suggested! This has happened now in 3-4 cases where I have tried to "translate" identical segments.
My customer could not reproduce this, when she translated the second segment the translation was sugg
... See more
Hello, I am NOT a Transit expert and am doing my first project. My customer has set up the project and I have imported and unpacked a ppf file. I have translated a segment, confirmed with Alt + Ins, and a few lines later exactly the same segment recurs. However, my "first" translation is not suggested! This has happened now in 3-4 cases where I have tried to "translate" identical segments.
My customer could not reproduce this, when she translated the second segment the translation was suggested to her (as it actually should be!)
Is there some setting I have overlooked? I have tried options, extras, settings etc. but have not found anything so far. By the way, I am using a German-language version of Transit NXT.

Does anyone have an idea? Thank you!

Rob Roy
Collapse

Please check... Aug 14, 2015

Hi Rob,

please check
- if the "Fuzzy Source" window is displayed
- if automatic search is enabled (Ribbon "Matches", Group "Fuzzy Search (Source)", Icon "Options", Option "automatic Search")
- if minimum segment status makes sense, e.g. not higher as "Translated (Ribbon "Matches", Group "Fuzzy Search (Source)", List "Status")

If both doesn't help, please try the following:
- Place the cursor in a "recurring" segment and press ALT+ENTER: Does the
... See more
Hi Rob,

please check
- if the "Fuzzy Source" window is displayed
- if automatic search is enabled (Ribbon "Matches", Group "Fuzzy Search (Source)", Icon "Options", Option "automatic Search")
- if minimum segment status makes sense, e.g. not higher as "Translated (Ribbon "Matches", Group "Fuzzy Search (Source)", List "Status")

If both doesn't help, please try the following:
- Place the cursor in a "recurring" segment and press ALT+ENTER: Does the suggestion appear then?
- Try the same in a pretranslated segment (i.e. a segment that was already translated when you unpacked the PPF).

Best regards

O.N.
Collapse

robroy
robroy
Local time: 03:01
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oiseau Noir, issue seems to be cleared! Aug 14, 2015

The automatic search was not enabled. Thanks to your very clear instructions I managed to enable this, and - as far as I can see from a brief test - it seems to be working again.

Thanks once more!

Rob Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT does not show matches

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »