Hugues Roumier
Franciaország
Local time: 20:51
Tag (2020 óta)
angol - francia
+ ...
May 4

Hi there,

I am facing the well-known "Dependency file not found" error in SDL Trados 2019 when I want to generate a target translation. When I am asked if I want to manually browse for the document, click "yes" and go to the relevant folder, the document simply does not appear. Although the requested format is docx, and my source document is docx as well. Of course, when I go through normal browsing (not from Trados), the document appears normally in the relevant file.

... See more
Hi there,

I am facing the well-known "Dependency file not found" error in SDL Trados 2019 when I want to generate a target translation. When I am asked if I want to manually browse for the document, click "yes" and go to the relevant folder, the document simply does not appear. Although the requested format is docx, and my source document is docx as well. Of course, when I go through normal browsing (not from Trados), the document appears normally in the relevant file.

Does anyone know how to manually retrieve the source document, and solve the fact that it doesn't show up when I browse for it?
Collapse

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Hollandia
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - holland
+ ...
Check if All files is selected May 4

Hi, it seems you've had this problem before, so probably you checked this already, but still... do you select to view all files, not only the sdlxliff files?

Paulinho Fonseca

Hugues Roumier
Franciaország
Tag (2020 óta)
angol - francia
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Solution found May 4

Thanks a lot!

the solution was very simple, I must be a little tired

Paulinho Fonseca

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Oroszországi Föderáció
Local time: 21:51
angol - orosz
Is it just another post for the same issue described May 4

here?
If yes, why not add SOLVED in your both post titles?
Also, I think it could be useful for someone else in the future to know how you fixed it.

Thomas Pfann
Jorge Payan

Hugues Roumier
Franciaország
Tag (2020 óta)
angol - francia
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
@Stepan May 5

Hi Stepan,

No, it's two different issues. This one was about the dependency file not showing up when I browse for it from Trados, while my other post is about an issue related to "Generate target translation".

Regarding the dependency file, I simply selected to view all files, not only the sdlxliff files, and my docx was finally displayed and I could use it as a dependency file.

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SOLVED Dependency file not found

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »