International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]
Rate per source subtitle?
Téma indítója: Inez Ulrich

Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:31
francia - angol
What is a reasonable rate? Sep 13

A reasonable rate in country A can be an excellent rate in country B and a terrible rate in country C.
If you do not compare like with like, a comparison is not useful.

Direct link Reply with quote

Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Tag (2012 óta)
olasz - angol
+ ...
How do you calculate rate per minute for a quote? Sep 13

Is it a rate per minute of the video sent or rate per minute that one spends translating? Translating one minute of the video can still take quite a lot of time besides the consideration of where a certain rate is judged excellent in country A and a terrible rate in country B

Jean Dimitriadis
Franciaország
Tag (2015 óta)
angol - francia
+ ...
Video minute Sep 13

Per video minute.

If it’s a new client/agency, before quoting, you can always ask to see the source beforehand (video, sample, script, original subs, etc.), just as you would for a translation job.

But subtitling is different to translation in many respects, in my book, getting specific training, experience and skills is highly recommended.

I think 6:1 ratio is for seasoned subtitlers.

As for what is a reasonable price, I’m not sure I would charge less or more depending on the country I live in, although I guess someone living in a low-cost country would have more leeway when it comes to competitiveness (outsourcers use this too). It’s more related to the language pair or the buyer’s country (or business model)…

Jean

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate per source subtitle?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Terminológiai keresés
  • Munkák
  • Fórumok
  • Multiple search