Smartcat - HELP !
Thread poster: ddcl
ddcl
ddcl
Israel
Nov 1, 2019

I am usually work with Trados, but I have a client who inssist working on that platform.

I want to download the translated version to compare it with my source, in that way i can see the layout, tables, fonts etc.

I don't find any option for that in Smartcat - their support is BAD and they don't responds the tickets.

in Trados, it is very simple to d/l the document and review, proofread and such.

How do I do that in Smartcat?

I
... See more
I am usually work with Trados, but I have a client who inssist working on that platform.

I want to download the translated version to compare it with my source, in that way i can see the layout, tables, fonts etc.

I don't find any option for that in Smartcat - their support is BAD and they don't responds the tickets.

in Trados, it is very simple to d/l the document and review, proofread and such.

How do I do that in Smartcat?

I can download a file, but this is a Indesign file - which it won't recognize many signs and it is more like gibberish
Also it says I am missing fonts - but this is a different issue.

Fast help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
  Nov 1, 2019

Do you mean that? https://help.smartcat.ai/hc/en-us/articles/115002150271-Downloading-the-translation

From what you say, it appears the original file format is an InDesign file format. You need a proper application to view IDML files (Adobe InDesign, mostly).

Fixing a translated IDML file in Adobe InDesign counts as a DTP servic
... See more
Do you mean that? https://help.smartcat.ai/hc/en-us/articles/115002150271-Downloading-the-translation

From what you say, it appears the original file format is an InDesign file format. You need a proper application to view IDML files (Adobe InDesign, mostly).

Fixing a translated IDML file in Adobe InDesign counts as a DTP service, not translation, and is generally billed independently.

Jean
Collapse

ddcl
ddcl
Israel
TOPIC STARTER
thank you. Nov 1, 2019

Yes, I know about the DTP, but in fact, this helps me to have consistency and fluency in my work. So it serves me.
I have it installed on my laptop but the file seems to be lack and in gibberish.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
  Nov 1, 2019

If you have exported the translated InDesign file as explained here: https://help.smartcat.ai/hc/en-us/articles/360029093191-Exporting-Files and it is gibberish in InDesign, I don't know what the issue is, and would refer you to the official support, since they may need to check the file in question to isolate the issue or help you troubleshoot.

Jean

Tomasz Tluczkiewicz
Tomasz Tluczkiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:38
Polish to English
+ ...
Font size control in Smartcat Jun 13, 2020

All of a sudden, completely incidentally and unexpectedly, although obviously resulting from my key/mouse action that I can't recall afterwards, the font size in SmartCat increases!
It concerns the entire SmartCat content, the editor window as well as the user interface's front page. No other content on my computer is affected, just SmartCat.
How to (a) restore the previous font size (b) avoid these incidents in the future.
I've tried to find the answer in Smartcat Help and the
... See more
All of a sudden, completely incidentally and unexpectedly, although obviously resulting from my key/mouse action that I can't recall afterwards, the font size in SmartCat increases!
It concerns the entire SmartCat content, the editor window as well as the user interface's front page. No other content on my computer is affected, just SmartCat.
How to (a) restore the previous font size (b) avoid these incidents in the future.
I've tried to find the answer in Smartcat Help and their other communications to no avail. Smartcat technical support does not seem to be available at all, their email address " [email protected]." is reportedly "not vaild".
Best regards
Tomasz Tluczkiewicz
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Tomasz Jun 14, 2020

Tomasz Tluczkiewicz wrote:
Their email address "[email protected]." is reportedly "not vaild".

Try removing the fullstop after "ai".

Does it keep on increasing, or has it stopped increasing?

It may be that you simply zoomed in with your browser, and that your browser remembers zoom settings based on the site. Try zooming out again: what browser do you use? Often, Ctrl+plus and Ctrl+minus does the trick, or Ctrl+mousewheel. Or, if the browser has menus, and there is a View menu, it may contain such a feature, too.

Matteo Montagnani
Matteo Montagnani
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Try this Jun 16, 2020

Tomasz Tluczkiewicz wrote:

I've tried to find the answer in Smartcat Help and their other communications to no avail. Smartcat technical support does not seem to be available at all, their email address " [email protected]." is reportedly "not vaild".
Best regards
Tomasz Tluczkiewicz

Hi Tomasz, when that happens, have you tried hitting "ctrl+0 [zero]"?

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Smartcat - HELP !

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »