How can I revert to previous versions of my SDL Groupshare server project files?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 01:58
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 21, 2021

I had translated around 9 percent on this big project when I suddenly the next minute saw how it had changed to 95 percent. I checked the confirmed MTPE segments, and they still were unedited. Perhaps I mistakenly pressed some shortcut combination and had almost all remaining segments batch confirmed.

I stopped after this, and noted the time this happened and reported to my customer, asking if they could revert back to a previous version. I will see if they reply tomorrow Monday mor
... See more
I had translated around 9 percent on this big project when I suddenly the next minute saw how it had changed to 95 percent. I checked the confirmed MTPE segments, and they still were unedited. Perhaps I mistakenly pressed some shortcut combination and had almost all remaining segments batch confirmed.

I stopped after this, and noted the time this happened and reported to my customer, asking if they could revert back to a previous version. I will see if they reply tomorrow Monday morning. Each time I save, the files get saved to their server, but shouldn't there be backups of previous versions on their server?

Or is there any other way of reverting back to a previous version of each file?

I could use the original files and have them translated from the translation memory perhaps.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I revert to previous versions of my SDL Groupshare server project files?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »