Thread poster: Dawn Rosello
Dawn Rosello
Dawn Rosello
Philippines
Local time: 04:01
English to Tagalog
+ ...
Feb 10, 2021

Hi there. I just started using Trados for translation (client request), and I am using only the free trial version. I need to access the termbase (edit, export) but it seems like I need to intall Multiterm for that. Does Trados have a free trial for it? And if they have, when can I get it? I have been searching in the internet but there no good results.

Hope you can help. Thanks.

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 23:01
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
It is free Feb 10, 2021

"SDL MultiTerm is included for free with your SDL Trados Studio license and will be available to download from your SDL account."

Laurent Di Raimondo

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:01
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Dawn Feb 10, 2021

Dawn Rosello wrote:
I just started using Trados for translation (client request), and I am using only the free trial version. I need to access the termbase (edit, export) but it seems like I need to inStall Multiterm for that.

I don't know enough about Trados to know if you need to install Multitem in order to use a termbase. When you say "the termbase", do you mean a termbase that was provided by your client?

I also don't know if you can download Multiterm if you are still using the trial version of Trados. I'm not sure if you would already have an SDL account. But you can try it: go to this page.

Laurent Di Raimondo
Laurent Di Raimondo  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Also free on the trial version Feb 10, 2021

As answered by Recep, SDL MultiTerm is included for free with your SDL Trados Studio license and will be available to download from your SDL account.

When using the free trial version, the termbase is also available for free. You can find this file (with format .sdltm) installed in the main Trados file on your hard disk depending on your own language pair that you may have selected before downloading the trial version.

Dawn Rosello
Dawn Rosello
Philippines
Local time: 04:01
English to Tagalog
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's not available in my account Feb 10, 2021

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your replies.

I tried checking the account I created before installing Trados, but it does not show Multiterm or any other software. When I tried to download the software from Trados site, it says that I cannot do so unless I have the licensed Trados Studio.

[Edited at 2021-02-10 09:52 GMT]

Laurent Di Raimondo
Laurent Di Raimondo  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Termbase normaly included in free trial version Feb 10, 2021

When I tried to download the software from Trados site, it says that I cannot do so unless I have the licensed Trados Studio.

It seems a previous free trial software from Trados has been already downloaded on your computer, whose time limit for trial duration is over... You can not do so, unless you purchase a full version with a owner licence to use it.

When you download a free trial version from Trados, the termbase is automaticaly downloaded along with the whole software, and is automaticaly implemented in all Trados files installed on your computer. So that, by the time you start working on a new project (even for free), you just must select the proper termbase from your computer (not from Trados website).

This file is named by an extension file like .sdltm. Just search this file from your computer and select it when you proceed to open a new project.

You also may try to download your free trial software again, but, if so, you need to uninstall the previous version from your computer BEFORE.

I hope it may help.

[Modifié le 2021-02-10 18:29 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:01
English to Russian
According to SDL Feb 11, 2021

Laurent DI RAIMONDO wrote:
When you download a free trial version from Trados, the termbase is automaticaly downloaded along with the whole software, and is automaticaly implemented in all Trados files installed on your computer.

Dawn Rosello

Alicia González
Alicia González  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A termbase is not a translation memory Feb 22, 2021

Laurent said this "This file is named by an extension file like .sdltm. Just search this file from your computer and select it when you proceed to open a new project."

The extension .sdltm refers to a translation memory.

A termbase file has the extension .sdltb.

I think Multiterm is a separate product, as Stepan said.

Jorge Payan
Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm free trial download

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »