Reviewing in SDL Trados 2017
Thread poster: Daniela Rodriguez Loureiro
Daniela Rodriguez Loureiro
Local time: 08:27
English to Spanish
Dec 15, 2020

Hello everyone, I´ve had to review a document translated by a translator with SDL Trados 2017. The agency asked me to hand over the clean and unclean files. I understand that the uncleaned is the xliff file, and that the clean one is the .doc file. But I was asked to deliver the .doc document without the tracked changes, that is to say, the final version ready to be used. How do I get this?

Thanks in advance

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:27
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Remove marks? Dec 16, 2020

If you have marked the changes in the sdlxliff-file, you could remove them (accept all changes) and save the .doc-file. If I understand what you mean.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Daniela Dec 16, 2020

Daniela Rodriguez Loureiro wrote:
But I was asked to deliver the .doc document without the tracked changes, that is to say, the final version ready to be used. How do I get this?

So, I assume they want tracked changes in the uncleaned file (i.e. in the SDLXLIFF file) but they want no tracked changes in the final file (which in your case is a DOC file), right? This may be because you're supposed to do a format check of the DOC file in Microsoft Word before delivering it. You're supposed to open the DOC file in Word and check it against the original source DOC file to see if the translation and formatting is correct. Then, in Word, you need to "accept all changes". Which version of Word do you have?

Alternatively, e.g. if you don't have Word, what you can do is create a copy of your Trados project, and then accept all changes in the one project. Then you can send the tracked uncleaned file from the one project and the final untracked cleaned file from the other project.

Local time: 08:27
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Reviewing in SDL Trados 2017 Dec 17, 2020

Thank you very much to both of you. I did what Henry suggested and it worked fantastically. The final .doc file didn´t have the tracked changes.

Thanks again!
Regards,
Daniela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reviewing in SDL Trados 2017

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »