How to deactivate day/date in Trados 2015?
Thread poster: Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 06:15
French to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 24, 2018

Helo: when I have a date in my source text (e.g, April 24th) in the target text appears always the day (e.g. martes, 24 de abril). I can't find out how desactivate this feature.
Thanks for your help.
Paula

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
Auto-substitution Apr 24, 2018

In your project settings (or globally in File/Options if you want to do this for all future projects), go to:

Language Pairs > Your specific language pair > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Auto-substitution > Dates and Times

Change the Long date format to the second option and that's it (since you're here, you can also adjust in the Measurements section to always insert a non-breaking space between numbers and units, another annoying option that should be
... See more
In your project settings (or globally in File/Options if you want to do this for all future projects), go to:

Language Pairs > Your specific language pair > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Auto-substitution > Dates and Times

Change the Long date format to the second option and that's it (since you're here, you can also adjust in the Measurements section to always insert a non-breaking space between numbers and units, another annoying option that should be the default for Spanish).

Isn't this all very intuitive? /s
Collapse

Mohamad Rudi Atmoko
Diana Valori

Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autosustitución no aparece Apr 24, 2018

Dear Rossana,
Thank your for your answer. It is intuitive, yes, but when I click in Translation Memory and Automated Translation, Auto-substitution > Dates and Times dont' appear.
I don´t know how.
Best,
Paula

Rossana Triaca wrote:

Change the Long date format to the second option and that's it (since you're here, you can also adjust in the Measurements section to always insert a non-breaking space between numbers and units, another annoying option that should be the default for Spanish).

Isn't this all very intuitive? /s

[Editado a las 2018-04-24 17:34 GMT]

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
Really awful interface Apr 24, 2018

Sorry, the /s is shorthand for "sarcasm" -- I meant it's definitely not intuitive at all!!  :)

I don't have a SDL 2015 to check the command is in the same place as the 2017 version, but here's a link to a useful blog post by Emma Goldsmith with screenshots (although I think it may be for SDL 2014).

[Edited at 2018-04-24 18:59 GMT]

Michal Chmielewski

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:15
English to Russian
Global options, same for project-specific settings (SDL Trados 2015 SR3) Apr 25, 2018

See this screenshot:
http://i65.tinypic.com/k19u1z.jpg

Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many, many, many thanks Apr 25, 2018

Best,
Paula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deactivate day/date in Trados 2015?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »