MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 03:20
Italian to German
+ ...
Mar 13, 2018

Dear colleagues,

I have imported a somewhat complex MemoQ file into Trados having a mix of 2 source languages and different segment statuses, also locked segments. I notice that when I change the Project Settings to exclude locked segments from the statistics, or making them a 'separate category' , still the numbers in the statistics don't change. I have build from scratch different projects for the file and re-imported the document, but still no different numbers in the stats, also
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have imported a somewhat complex MemoQ file into Trados having a mix of 2 source languages and different segment statuses, also locked segments. I notice that when I change the Project Settings to exclude locked segments from the statistics, or making them a 'separate category' , still the numbers in the statistics don't change. I have build from scratch different projects for the file and re-imported the document, but still no different numbers in the stats, also no separate entry for locked segments.
Is this a known program bug, or how does Trados handle locked segments for the analysis / confirmation statistics?
This is very important for me to check the amount of words/segments to be translated and see if they match my PO.

Thanks very much for anyone to clarify!
Mike
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 03:20
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A closer look... Mar 13, 2018

In the meantime, I have taken a closer look at the Confirmation Statistics, and I see that when adding up the segments the total always include locked segments - which I DON'T want.
Now, is there a way to take out locked segments from the confirmation stats?

I would like to see the statuses 'translated', 'draft', 'not translated' etc. for non-locked segments only; I know that I can filter on those segments, but I notice that not even in the Editor View the stats are updated c
... See more
In the meantime, I have taken a closer look at the Confirmation Statistics, and I see that when adding up the segments the total always include locked segments - which I DON'T want.
Now, is there a way to take out locked segments from the confirmation stats?

I would like to see the statuses 'translated', 'draft', 'not translated' etc. for non-locked segments only; I know that I can filter on those segments, but I notice that not even in the Editor View the stats are updated correctly.

Thanks,

[Edited at 2018-03-13 12:44 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: Questions about File Analysis/Confirmation Statistics

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »