Roberta Beyer
Roberta Beyer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:59
Member (2011)
French to English
Find and Replace in TM view Jan 30, 2018

Hey y'all!

In the same vein, I was wondering if it's at all possible to do Find and Replace in the actual translation memory. I have a large TM with a lot of previous contributors and I want streamline the terminology (replace instances of "client" with "customer" etc.). Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:59
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TM view Jan 30, 2018

Yes, you can run Find and Replace operations in the TM view.

Also, if you'd like to streamline regular Replace All operations in the Editor view, have a look at these resources:
... See more
Yes, you can run Find and Replace operations in the TM view.

Also, if you'd like to streamline regular Replace All operations in the Editor view, have a look at these resources:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.mx/2017/11/replace-all-that-really-means-replace.html

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/400/t/14939
Collapse

Christine Bieri
Christine Bieri  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:59
German to English
Find and replace window disappears! Jan 26, 2021

This is an old thread but I've had this problem time and time again. Have tried all the various suggestions and nothing seems to work but closing Trados and starting it up again - very time consuming! Just now, after restarting Trados, I was working away with the find and replace window when suddenly the window just disappeared - in the middle of working with it - not just when I had the window open. I just don't have time to keep restarting Trados and am on a tight deadline. Help.

evawin
evawin  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 21:59
Member (2010)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry to tell but... Jan 26, 2021

...you need to restart Trados

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Find and replace in Trados 2017

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »