PROZ.COM COVID-19 RESOURCE CENTER
Access Covid-19 jobs, answer relevant terminology questions, read industry news and more.

Studio TMX spec - how to make it accept creation id, time and text fields?
Téma indítója: FarkasAndras

FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
angol - magyar
+ ...
Nov 14, 2010

This is an odd bug, I hope SDL Support or some knowledgeable colleague is reading this thread...

So, I'm trying to get Studio to accept TMX files created with my own aligner and TMX generation tool.
The TMX files pass lisa.org's TMX validator and work as intended in Trados 7 and Trados 8. I'm
... See more
This is an odd bug, I hope SDL Support or some knowledgeable colleague is reading this thread...

So, I'm trying to get Studio to accept TMX files created with my own aligner and TMX generation tool.
The TMX files pass lisa.org's TMX validator and work as intended in Trados 7 and Trados 8. I'm pretty sure they are kosher, although there might be some subtle problem with my TMX implementation. Studio doesn't complain about the files and imports the text correctly, but it applies the userid of the Studio user and the current system time instead of the userid and creation time specified in the TMX TUs, and it completely ignores the "Note" text field. At this point, I think this is a Studio bug.

After a horribly lengthy troubleshooting session, I found a workaround: if I change the o-tmf (original format) property to what Workbench uses in its TMX exports (TW4Win 2.0 Format), the import works as intended. This is pretty inelegant and it could potentially cause some minor problems down the line. The TMX spec that I have found doesn't say much about what o-tmx one should use, I assume it's a free-for-all... Anyone have a suggestion aside from spoofing the Workbench string? I'm assuming that many people will use LF aligner with Studio (note: until I roll out an update, current users can either import the TMXes to Workbench, export and then import to Studio, or just edit the o-tmf string).

Here's a TMX sample as produced by LF Aligner:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE tmx SYSTEM "tmx14.dtd">
<tmx version="1.4">
<header
creationtool="LF TMX maker"
creationtoolversion="2.01"
datatype="unknown"
segtype="sentence"
adminlang="EN-GB"
srclang="EN-GB"
o-tmf="aligned"
>
</header>
<body>
<tu creationdate="20101114T180539Z" creationid="LF TMX maker 2.01"><prop type="Txt::Note">this is a note added to the TU</prop><tuv xml:lang="EN-GB"><seg>Text</seg></tuv><tuv xml:lang="ES-ES"><seg>Texto</seg></tuv></tu>

</body>
</tmx>
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio TMX spec - how to make it accept creation id, time and text fields?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Terminológiai keresés
  • Munkák
  • Fórumok
  • Multiple search