Possible translation project scam from Atlanta, Georgia.(United States)
Thread poster: yugoslavia
yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 17:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 10, 2021

Dear colleagues from Proz.com,

I’m writing to you because I received an email message around three days ago offering me a Spanish translation project.

I’m suspecting that this email message could be a scam. I will be glad to copy and paste the copy of the email messages for you. I want to verify if the email message is legitimate or if someone is trying to do a scam to me.

Thanks for your help and cooperation, Spanish native speakers, feel free to write
... See more
Dear colleagues from Proz.com,

I’m writing to you because I received an email message around three days ago offering me a Spanish translation project.

I’m suspecting that this email message could be a scam. I will be glad to copy and paste the copy of the email messages for you. I want to verify if the email message is legitimate or if someone is trying to do a scam to me.

Thanks for your help and cooperation, Spanish native speakers, feel free to write to me in Spanish.
Best regards,
Yugoslavia

Here is the original message:

Can I submit my document for translation from English to
Spanish? I want it translated/submitted before March
5th.Please respond back if you can meet up with this
deadline.

The name of the person is Kelvin.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:27
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Why don't you follow the scams forum? Feb 10, 2021

This scam is at least 10 years old and have been mentioned dozens of times, here is a link to most recent posts:
https://www.proz.com/post/2891036#2891036 and below

The scammer is NOT from Atlanta, his real location is Nigeria.

It is also advisable to check
<
... See more
This scam is at least 10 years old and have been mentioned dozens of times, here is a link to most recent posts:
https://www.proz.com/post/2891036#2891036 and below

The scammer is NOT from Atlanta, his real location is Nigeria.

It is also advisable to check
http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Translator_scam_alert_reports?text=Site
Collapse

Barbara Carrara
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Yolanda Broad
Liviu-Lee Roth

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mrs. Natalie. Feb 11, 2021

Hi Mrs. Natalie,
I appreciate it.I'm sorry to ask about this but I'm just so busy with work lately.
Thanks for the links.
Yugoslavia

Slobodan Kozarčić
Slobodan Kozarčić  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2016)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Off the topic Feb 11, 2021

[quote]yugoslavia wrote:

Been meaning to ask you this before. Why this name Yugoslavia? Are you from the former Yugoslavia? Don't tell me you mourn it?

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Feb 11, 2021

Hi,

No, I'm from Spain, I used to like the Yugoslavian National Soccer team. This was a long time ago.

Thanks for asking.
Yugoslavia

Liviu-Lee Roth

Slobodan Kozarčić
Serbia
Member (2016)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Thanks for the answer Feb 11, 2021

yugoslavia wrote:

Hi,

No, I'm from Spain, I used to like the Yugoslavian National Soccer team. This was a long time ago.

Thanks for asking.
Yugoslavia

Yes, our National team was good back then (Yugoslavia "died" 30 years ago in civil wars). Now football is only criminal, so called "football fans", in fact criminals, killers, kidnapers, were busted two days ago. Police entered their bunkers inside the football stadiums and elsewhere all over Serbia, brimmed with weapons, drugs, money, and buried human bones.

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the message Feb 12, 2021

Hi Slobodan,

I'm really sorry this is what is happening to your country. I remember how Yugoslavia defeated Colombia in Italy 1990 and also Spain by penalty kicks. Thanks for your message. Have a good month of February!

Yugoslavia

Slobodan Kozarčić
Serbia
Member (2016)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Thanks, you too. Feb 12, 2021

yugoslavia wrote:

Hi Slobodan,

I'm really sorry this is what is happening to your country. I remember how Yugoslavia defeated Colombia in Italy 1990 and also Spain by penalty kicks. Thanks for your message. Have a good month of February!

Yugoslavia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible translation project scam from Atlanta, Georgia.(United States)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »