ProZ.com Mobile news: new home screen and expansion of service notifications
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Dec 27, 2017

Dear members,

It's been a few months since the last update to ProZ.com Mobile apps, so I'm glad to announce that a
... See more
Dear members,

It's been a few months since the last update to ProZ.com Mobile apps, so I'm glad to announce that a new, improved version is now available on Google Play (for devices running on Android) and the App Store (for devices running on iOS).

What's new?

This new version of the app includes:

• A new, customizable home screen with live activity feed.
  • The possibility to be immediately notified of new jobs and job quote reactions, new KudoZ questions and answers, forum contributions, WIWO posts and comments, and more.
  • A notification center containing a history of notifications with the possibility of prioritizing important ones.
  • The ability to call members of ProZ.com Pools™ via phone and Skype --includes phone interpreting service by members of the interpreters pool.
  • New service integration: contests. (First in-app contest coming soon!)

What else does the app include?

You can use ProZ.com Mobile to:

• browse jobs, submit quotes and keep track of them,
  • post jobs and receive quotes from language professionals from all around the world,
  • browse the freelance directory and get in touch with the largest community of translators and interpreters via email, phone or Skype, organize job candidates into lists (ProZ.com Lists™) and folders, or browse specialized groups of pre-screened experts (ProZ.com Pools™),
  • manage risks by checking the Blue Board™ --a database of outsourcers containing colleagues' past experience with them-- and help others by leaving your own feedback,
  • search millions of translated terms and phrases in a collection of glossaries and dictionaries built by and for professional translators,
  • give and receive help with the translation of tough terms through KudoZ™,
  • exchange information with colleagues by answering daily quick polls,
  • discuss topics of interest to translators and other language professionals in forums,
  • share information about what you are working on to promote the work you do and track your project history over time,
  • set your availability in real time,
  • and share jobs, KudoZ questions and points, quick polls and what I'm working on posts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with just one click.

Visit the ProZ.com Mobile official page for more information.

To be notified of future mobile-related news and announcements, subscribe to e-mail notifications.

For feedback on the app, please use the feedback form available in the app under "Feedback" so that the ProZ.com Mobile team can keep track of bug reports and potential adjustments needed.

Special thanks go to ProZ.com members for making ProZ.com Mobile possible with their membership investment. Enjoy!

Lucia
Collapse

Marcella Marino
Marcella Marino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:58
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
Some issues Jan 2, 2018

Hi Lucia,

thanks for your information and updates.
However, I am experiencing some issues with the Proz.com mobile app. Infact, on the main screen when I open the app I don't see what you see or what you show in your message on this forum.
Moreover, I can just see three shortcuts on the bottom of the main screen, even if in the settings I have added another shortcut to see.
I paste here two pictures of what I see and of the shortcuts I would like to see (of which I
... See more
Hi Lucia,

thanks for your information and updates.
However, I am experiencing some issues with the Proz.com mobile app. Infact, on the main screen when I open the app I don't see what you see or what you show in your message on this forum.
Moreover, I can just see three shortcuts on the bottom of the main screen, even if in the settings I have added another shortcut to see.
I paste here two pictures of what I see and of the shortcuts I would like to see (of which I see only three, instead of four).
I have also tried to uninstall the app and install it again, but nothing has changed.
Can you please help me?

Thank you very much and happy new year!
Marcella

Edited:
Hi again Lucia,

I have submitted a support ticket for this issue, because I could not paste here the two picture I told you before.

Thank you,
Marcella

[Modificato alle 2018-01-02 13:43 GMT]
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Let's see what may be the problem... Jan 2, 2018

Hi Marcella,

Happy New Year to you too!

Regarding home shortcuts, adding extra icons will enable side scrolling on the icons section. In other words, to see other shortcuts you should scroll sideways on the icons part of the home screen:

Please let me know if this is
... See more
Hi Marcella,

Happy New Year to you too!

Regarding home shortcuts, adding extra icons will enable side scrolling on the icons section. In other words, to see other shortcuts you should scroll sideways on the icons part of the home screen:

Please let me know if this is not working as expected on your mobile device.

As for the rest of the home screen, you say you don't see what shows on my screenshot. Can you show me what you see? You can submit screenshots and details through the support center, www.proz.com/support, or via email at [email protected]. Thanks!

Lucia
Collapse

Marcella Marino
Marcella Marino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:58
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
No scrolling Jan 2, 2018

Hi Lucia,

thank you for your reply.
As for the scrolling, I can see the scrolling bar below the icons, but I actually cannot scroll. I mean that the bar remains fix and I cannot even see part of the icons that are hidden and for which you need to scroll.
As for the screenshots, I have sent them attached to the support request. Please let me know if you can see them. If not, I will send them again.

Thanks...
See more
Hi Lucia,

thank you for your reply.
As for the scrolling, I can see the scrolling bar below the icons, but I actually cannot scroll. I mean that the bar remains fix and I cannot even see part of the icons that are hidden and for which you need to scroll.
As for the screenshots, I have sent them attached to the support request. Please let me know if you can see them. If not, I will send them again.

Thanks
Marcella
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Marcella! Jan 11, 2018

I see from your support request that the issue with scrolling is fixed.

Let's take a look at the news feed issue now then. "see you" in your support request!

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Mobile news: new home screen and expansion of service notifications

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »