Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:19
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Aug 25, 2017

The daily poll questions have not been appearing this week. Is this just due to lack of inspiration among members and staff alike, or have they been stopped altogether?
I know this is "the feature we love to hate", and some questions contain as many posts criticizing the question as answering it, but I would be sorry if it disappeared. Maybe it should be once a week instead of daily?

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:19
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
They're here Aug 25, 2017

http://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion-109.html

Hello Jack
Don't ask me why you can't see them! You might want to send in a support ticket.

The quick polls have been here as much as ever on my screen, so you can see what you have been missing.

I personally would not want the same poll to spin out all week - if they are stupid questions, I
... See more
http://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion-109.html

Hello Jack
Don't ask me why you can't see them! You might want to send in a support ticket.

The quick polls have been here as much as ever on my screen, so you can see what you have been missing.

I personally would not want the same poll to spin out all week - if they are stupid questions, I can always hope for a better one tomorrow, and I think even if the topics are interesting, people start repeating what others have said after a certain amount of time.

My private name for them is 'dagens dumme spørgsmål' - today's daft question - but they do have a certain entertainment value
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:19
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thank you, Christine. Aug 25, 2017

Thank you. I am getting the heading "Quick polls" but nothing underneath it. I have just checked my forums settings and it is, as I thought, listed to be included.
I have been in touch with staff about problems with the new site layout, but this one has only been happening for the past few days. I may submit a support request or perhaps I'll just look it up in the Forums list if I feel inclined.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Daily poll questions

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »