Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Fifth ProZ.com Translation Contest: announcement of winners!
Thread poster: RominaZ
Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:34
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Same amount of points result in a tie Dec 30, 2007

Christel Zipfel wrote:
But this does not change the kernel of my question: if two or more translations get the same amount of points, when it comes to determine the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, how exactly does it work?

As far as I see it is simple: if two or more entries get the same amount of winning points, they will be all winners, the contest will end in a tie.
For example, I see a 4-way tie in the Spanish to Catalan contest:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=contests&sp_mode=current&sp_sub_mode=view_language&ctlid=469

And again, there are no 2nd or 3rd places named, those are not "determined", except the results page will list all entries in descending point order. Equal numbers will be next to each other. As to the order of the entries that has the same amount of points, I am not sure what criteria is used, but in the above mentioned Spanish to Catalan page it seems the entries are listed based on their Entry Number (not in alphabetical order, for example). I think entry numbers are given out in the order of submission, but again, I am not sure.
Romina could clarify all these, I guess.

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ.com con Translation Contest: voting system Jan 2, 2008

Dear All,

First of all, Happy New Year!

Thanks Katalin for your assistance.

The voting is as follows: voters can select a first, second and third choice and assign them 4, 2 and 1 points respectively.

Winners are determined by the amount of points their entry gets. If two entries get the same number of points, there is a tie.

As regards the order, you are right Katalin, entries with the same number of points are ordered according
... See more
Dear All,

First of all, Happy New Year!

Thanks Katalin for your assistance.

The voting is as follows: voters can select a first, second and third choice and assign them 4, 2 and 1 points respectively.

Winners are determined by the amount of points their entry gets. If two entries get the same number of points, there is a tie.

As regards the order, you are right Katalin, entries with the same number of points are ordered according to their submission date.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Romina
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fifth ProZ.com Translation Contest: announcement of winners!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »