ProZ.com translation contest #5 - submission phase ending today
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:15
SITE FOUNDER
Nov 26, 2007

The submission phase of the fifth translation contest is closing today at 3pm GMT. Please submit your entry before that time to: http://www.proz.com/contests

Thanks and good luck!

Haiyang Ai (X)
Haiyang Ai (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
Time Nov 26, 2007

Thanks for the reminder Henry. Mind my asking when are we going to have the results? I guess the voting phase would take some time right?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:15
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Probably about two weeks. Nov 26, 2007

Haiyang Ai wrote:
Thanks for the reminder Henry. Mind my asking when are we going to have the results? I guess the voting phase would take some time right?

If I remember correctly, last time the "qualification" round took about a week, and "final voting" took another week. So probably about two weeks until winners can be announced.

Romina (who took over contests from Florencia) will probably make a more detailed schedule available later today on the contest page.

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Two more weeks Nov 26, 2007

Henry D wrote:

Haiyang Ai wrote:

If I remember correctly, last time the "qualification" round took about a week, and "final voting" took another week. So probably about two weeks until winners can be announced.

Exactly, the qualification phase will take one week and then the final voting will take another. Winners will be announced on December 12, 2007

Henry D wrote:
Romina (who took over contests from Florencia) will probably make a more detailed schedule available later today on the contest page.

I'll update the information on the contest page today.

Thanks for participating in the contest!

Romina

Miguel Cabelo
Miguel Cabelo  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:15
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Contest Nov 27, 2007

My I ask if I can enter the contest being a basic user of Proz since just a few days ago? It would be a pair for which the contest is still running.

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
ProZ.com contests Nov 27, 2007

Dear MiguelPT,

Only full, partial community and student ProZ.com members can take part in the submission phase of the contests for now.

You can find more detailed information about contests here http://www.proz.com/?sp=contests&sp_mode=faqs .

I'll try to contact you in case you have further doubts.

Regards,

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com translation contest #5 - submission phase ending today

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »