Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
The Fourth Translation Contest is now in the final VOTING phase!
Thread poster: María Florencia Vita
Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 11:48
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Problem with Adding Notes Sep 22, 2007

I tried to add notes to some entries, but got a message saying that an error occurred while the note was being processed. So I'm not sure whether they went through or not.

Would it be possible for people to see their own notes, just to make sure they went through? Being able to at least see your own notes would help you avoid leaving a note on the same entry or repeating yourself unnecessarily if you did decide to add another note to it.

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:48
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
I had the same problem Sep 22, 2007

Rowan Morrell wrote:

I tried to add notes to some entries, but got a message saying that an error occurred while the note was being processed. So I'm not sure whether they went through or not.

Would it be possible for people to see their own notes, just to make sure they went through? Being able to at least see your own notes would help you avoid leaving a note on the same entry or repeating yourself unnecessarily if you did decide to add another note to it.

I got the same error message when I added a note to my first choice in the French to English contest. I don't know if that means that only my note got lost, or did my votes also not get counted? As I'm the person who submitted the French text, I'm most particular about the translation and especially keen to record my votes!
I think Florencia is investigating what happened, but haven't heard of any outcome yet.
Regards,
Jenny.

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 20:48
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for pointing that out. Sep 24, 2007

Dear Rowan and Jenny,

I have checked all the language pairs of the French text and I was not able to find any note made by you.

I will have Pablo check that problem again this morning.

Please try again and let me know if you encounter the same problem.

I will keep you all posted.

Kind regards,
Florencia

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Problem in the "add note" system of the contest is now solved Sep 24, 2007

Dear all,

Finally the problem you have already pointed out has been solved.
It was a bug that did not allow you add a note to some entries.

Please try again and let me know if the problem persits.

Kind regards,
Florencia

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
New voting feature has been added! Sep 24, 2007

Dear all,

A new voting feature has been added to the voting phase. Now you have personal marks (only visible to you) on each entry. You can mark the entries chosen "candidate", "not a candidate", and "not yet sure", and you can also leave a note attached to them.
This note can be edited as many times as you want, and will always be visible to you.

I hope this new feature will be useful to you when voting, especially when the amount of entries is very high.
... See more
Dear all,

A new voting feature has been added to the voting phase. Now you have personal marks (only visible to you) on each entry. You can mark the entries chosen "candidate", "not a candidate", and "not yet sure", and you can also leave a note attached to them.
This note can be edited as many times as you want, and will always be visible to you.

I hope this new feature will be useful to you when voting, especially when the amount of entries is very high.

Thanks to all of you for your great suggestions.

I appreciate all your participation and support of the contest!

Kind regards,
Florencia
Collapse

jack_speak
jack_speak  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
adding a "mark" vs. a "personal note." Sep 25, 2007

Hi Florencia - I see we are keeping you busy. I am unclear as to the difference between adding a "mark" vs. a "personal note." Can you clarify?

Many thanks and much appreciation for all your efforts!!

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification Sep 25, 2007

Hi Jack,

Adding a mark is for you to tag an entry as "a candidate", "not a candidate" or "not yet sure". This mark will help you remember what you thought of a given entry while reading it for the first time.

The personal note is just one more feature that allows you to write any note that you would like to make about a given entry, these notes are only visible to you so you can use them as a memory help.

Both features have the same goal, helping the voters
... See more
Hi Jack,

Adding a mark is for you to tag an entry as "a candidate", "not a candidate" or "not yet sure". This mark will help you remember what you thought of a given entry while reading it for the first time.

The personal note is just one more feature that allows you to write any note that you would like to make about a given entry, these notes are only visible to you so you can use them as a memory help.

Both features have the same goal, helping the voters make their choices, giving them room for personal notes to remember comments about an entry when comparing them, saving time when the number of entries is really high. Also giving them the possibility to visualize the possible candidates or not with different colors.

Hope you find these features useful.

Kind regards,
Florencia
Collapse

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Rank Change Sep 25, 2007

Dear Florencia,

Entries are changing their ranks

What's the reason for it?

e.g.

there are 10 entries ; 1,2,3........10
sometimes; 5,8,9,3,1 etc
and sometimes 5,3,1.......
and they are not keeping their primary order (till voting)

what's the reason for it? Votes?

Thank you in advance

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Entries are presented in random order for each logged in ID Sep 25, 2007

Dear M. Ali,

Entries in this stage are presented in random order. Each viewer will get the same random sort order that they get the first time they logged in. This is to prevent confusion when voting for a given entry.

Please make sure you are logged in while you read the entries.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Florencia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Fourth Translation Contest is now in the final VOTING phase!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »