Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:47
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 7, 2012

Hi Henry,

The page http://www.proz.com/translation-contests/ contains an item "ProZ.com Translation Contests. Patent pending." Could you explain what the patent consists in, please?

Best,
Attila

Stefan Blommaert
Stefan Blommaert
Brazil
Local time: 07:47
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Strange, indeed Nov 7, 2012

Of course everything depends on what exactly has been applied for in the patent application, and although I am not very well acquainted with other patent systems, I can tell you that - if reference is made to the contest itself - the "patent pending" is worthless within the framework of the European Patent Convention, suffice it to read Art. 52 of the Convention with regard to patentable subject matter. Unless, of course, it is one of these patent applications that are completely incomprehensibl... See more
Of course everything depends on what exactly has been applied for in the patent application, and although I am not very well acquainted with other patent systems, I can tell you that - if reference is made to the contest itself - the "patent pending" is worthless within the framework of the European Patent Convention, suffice it to read Art. 52 of the Convention with regard to patentable subject matter. Unless, of course, it is one of these patent applications that are completely incomprehensible as to what exactly is being described. Nevertheless, I am sure that my ex-colleagues (European) patent examiners would be able to see through that, although.... Interesting; I didn´t even spot the "patent pending" on the page mentioned...curious to find out what this is about!Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:47
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Any answers, please? Nov 12, 2012

???

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"ProZ.com Translation Contests. Patent pending."

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »