Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:59
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Taking the context experience to the next level Nov 29, 2011

Jared wrote:

The theme for the upcoming contest is "A translator's life".

Jared wrote:

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, and for keeping some of you hanging on this. Unfortunately, the translation contest was one event I was unable to get to this year. I hope to be able to kick off the next contest towards the start of 2012.

Jared

It seems that not only the text will be concerned with the translator's life, but also the conditions - delayed arrival of the source text. Quite a holistic approach...

Attila

[Edited at 2011-11-29 10:47 GMT]

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:59
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Please restore past records Nov 29, 2011

Jared wrote:

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, and for keeping some of you hanging on this. Unfortunately, the translation contest was one event I was unable to get to this year. I hope to be able to kick off the next contest towards the start of 2012.

Jared

That is fine, but until then, would you please restore the pages that were showing all past contests?
As Russell pointed out, profile links are pointing to the "unavailable" announcement.

Katalin

Nuri Razi
Nuri Razi  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:59
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Counting the days for the new contest!!!!! Apr 16, 2012

Dear Site Staff,

It has been already years since the last contest, please do something to launch the contest as soon as possible and let the translators show their muscless!!!!!!!!

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:59
Russian to English
+ ...
I am also looking forward to the next contest Apr 25, 2012

I just joined Proz yesterday and saw the contests were "members only". Then I excitedly clicked on "contests" after becoming a member to see that there wasn't anything going on at the moment.

When is the next contest? It looks like there hasn't been one in a long time.

I am new and excited to try out my skills in these contests.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update on and closing of the 9th translation contest, 10th contest on its way

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »