Cannot view previous contest winners, entries - bug?
Thread poster: Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:55
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 13, 2009

Lucia,
Is it intentional or just a bug that I am unable to view previous contest entries, winners, etc. in language pairs other than mine?
If I go to the previous contest page at:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=contests&sp_mode=past_contests

I see the list of pairs participating in each contest. My working pairs are displayed in bold font. If I click on those
... See more
Lucia,
Is it intentional or just a bug that I am unable to view previous contest entries, winners, etc. in language pairs other than mine?
If I go to the previous contest page at:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=contests&sp_mode=past_contests

I see the list of pairs participating in each contest. My working pairs are displayed in bold font. If I click on those, I can see the number of entries, the winners and their translations. If I click on a pair that is not bold, I get a page that says No entries, and I see nothing, while obviously there were entries and winners. I remember I could see all that before, at least right after the last contest. I have not checked since, so I am not sure when did it change.

Could this be fixed?

Thanks
Katalin
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:55
SITE FOUNDER
Not intentional Sep 13, 2009

Hi Katalin,

It is not intentional. Thanks for the bug report.

Henry

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks Katalin! Sep 14, 2009

Hello Katalin,

I apologize for the delay in my reply and thank you for bringing this into my attention. This will be fixed in short.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
All entries for previous contests should be visible now Sep 15, 2009

Hello Katalin,

I just wanted to let you know that you should be able to see all entries submitted in previous contests now and for all language pairs, even for those that are not reported in your profile.

Please, give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot view previous contest winners, entries - bug?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »