Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
When exactly the submission phase will be closed? Sep 18, 2009

I mean the time. At what time on September 19 will it be closed. I could not see such info on the contest page.

Thanks in advance.

M. Ali

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Submission phase closes Saturday, September 19 at 22:00 GMT Sep 18, 2009

Hello M. Ali,

Submission will close Saturday, September 19 at 22:00 GMT.

Until then, you can submit your entries or edit entries you have already submitted.

Good luck to all!

Regards,

Lucia

cc in nyc
cc in nyc  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:28
French to English
Multiple entries Sep 20, 2009

I know the submission phase is over, but I wonder, for future contests....
Is more than one entry allowed per person?

Irena Pizzi
Irena Pizzi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:28
Italian to Bulgarian
+ ...
Lucia, when the submission phase is closed is it really really closed? Sep 20, 2009

This morning I opened the submission page, just wanted to change a word or two in my entry, and found out it was not possible anymore as the pairs I am interested in were already closed. There were 52 entries in the ENG-RUS pair and 8 in the ENG-BUL and the pairs, I want to repeat this once again, were closed. Then I took another look few minutes ago just to find out that the entries have become 56 in the first pair and 10 in the second one - a miracle!! How did that happen?

And now
... See more
This morning I opened the submission page, just wanted to change a word or two in my entry, and found out it was not possible anymore as the pairs I am interested in were already closed. There were 52 entries in the ENG-RUS pair and 8 in the ENG-BUL and the pairs, I want to repeat this once again, were closed. Then I took another look few minutes ago just to find out that the entries have become 56 in the first pair and 10 in the second one - a miracle!! How did that happen?

And now there are 55 entries in the ENG-RUS pair!! Lucia, would you please explain what's going on?

[Edited at 2009-09-21 05:18 GMT]
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Only one entry is allowed per language pair Sep 20, 2009

loractraduit wrote:

I know the submission phase is over, but I wonder, for future contests....
Is more than one entry allowed per person?

There are no restrictions on the number of language pairs in which a qualified member can submit entries. However, only one entry may be made per language pair.

Hope this explains.

Regards,

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Cache version of contest page Sep 20, 2009

Hello Irena,

Please note that when submission phase closes for a given language pair, the system does not allow any new entries for that pair.

There are indeed 56 entries in English to Russian language pair and 10 in English to Bulgarian. The last entries for these language pairs were submitted right before the submission phase closed.

So, it is possible that what you saw was a cache version of the contest page when the numbers shown for these pairs were 5
... See more
Hello Irena,

Please note that when submission phase closes for a given language pair, the system does not allow any new entries for that pair.

There are indeed 56 entries in English to Russian language pair and 10 in English to Bulgarian. The last entries for these language pairs were submitted right before the submission phase closed.

So, it is possible that what you saw was a cache version of the contest page when the numbers shown for these pairs were 52 and 8 respectively.

Hope this explains.

Just let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Is it possible to read likes and dislikes in all pairs? Sep 20, 2009

Dear Lucia,

As you know if a person does not work in one of the contest pairs then he/she is not allowed to vote/rate in that pair but allowed to read them.

But what about reading the entered likes and dislikes notes?

For example I don't work in the pairs Spanish > English, French > English, German >English but English is one of my source languages and I think it's my right to read the entered like and dislike notes in the translated texts.

Is
... See more
Dear Lucia,

As you know if a person does not work in one of the contest pairs then he/she is not allowed to vote/rate in that pair but allowed to read them.

But what about reading the entered likes and dislikes notes?

For example I don't work in the pairs Spanish > English, French > English, German >English but English is one of my source languages and I think it's my right to read the entered like and dislike notes in the translated texts.

Is it technically possible to open the reading access for likes and dislikes in all pairs?

Thanks in advance.

M. Ali
Collapse

simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:28
Italian to English
+ ...
closing time Italian-English Sep 21, 2009

Hi Lucia,
I saw the submission phase for the other langauages closed at 22.00 GMT on Saturday.Since the Italian submission phase icloses today, can I assume the closing time is also 22.00 GMT?
Thanks
Simon

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Suggestion will be evaluated Sep 21, 2009

M. Ali wrote:

Is it technically possible to open the reading access for likes and dislikes in all pairs?

Thanks for the suggestion, M. While this may be technically possible, it would take some time to be implemented. So, I will see what can be done, but I cannot promise this will be implemented for the current contest.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Submission for Italian source closes today at 22:00 GMT Sep 21, 2009

Hello Simon,

Yes. The submission phase for pairs with Italian as source language closes today Monday, September 21, at 22:00 GMT.

Good luck!

Lucia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

9th Proz.com translation contest: Business. Submission phase is open

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »