Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
1st Annual ProZ.com Translation Contest: final voting underway.
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 12, 2008

Dear All,

I am happy to announce that final voting of the 1st Annual ProZ.com Translation Contest: Awakening" is underway.

Pairs that received at least 3 entries are in the final round, which will close on Friday, December 19.

Entries in pairs with 1-2 entries are open for feedback through the tagging system. However, there will be no winners in these pairs.

Spanish-Portuguese and
... See more
Dear All,

I am happy to announce that final voting of the 1st Annual ProZ.com Translation Contest: Awakening" is underway.

Pairs that received at least 3 entries are in the final round, which will close on Friday, December 19.

Entries in pairs with 1-2 entries are open for feedback through the tagging system. However, there will be no winners in these pairs.

Spanish-Portuguese and English-Portuguese are special cases. These pairs will move into final round voting as soon as certain preparations have been made.

The number of finalists in the pairs that were in qualification is now displayed on the contest overview page.

Congratulations to the finalists and thanks to all the members who submitted entries in 118 language combinations.

Please, visit the contest page and help select the winners with your vote.

Remember that voters will be included in the iPod drawing and they will get browniz for taking the time to select the best entries in a pair.

Also, please note that final voting in each pair is open to members and users of the site that are native in the target language and work in the same language pair.

Winners will be announced after December 21. (English/Spanish to Portuguese may be later.)

Thanks
Romina
Collapse

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 02:44
I didn't make it to the final Dec 12, 2008

Hi Romina,

But I am still interested in knowing how my entry was assessed by the peers, i.e. how many have voted my entry, how much I get for writing and accuracy etc.

How can I get such information?

Thanks.
Bin

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The rating details will be available for non-finalists Dec 12, 2008

Hi Bin,

Yes. You will have access to the details regarding the rating of your entry.

Non-finalists will view their entries the bottom of the page.

I'll let you know as soon as this is fixed.

Thanks.

Romina

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Thank you Dec 12, 2008

RominaZ wrote:

Hi Bin,

Yes. You will have access to the details regarding the rating of your entry.

Non-finalists will view their entries with all the bottom of the page.

I'll let you know as soon as this is fixed.

Thanks.

Romina

Thank you for your quick answer.

I have enjoyed participating in the contest and I 'm looking forward to the next one.

Bin

Ekaterina Filatova
Ekaterina Filatova  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
number of finalists Dec 12, 2008

Hi Romina,

How come there were 15 finalists by the officially announced end of qualification and 5 by the beginning of the final voting?
Just curious

Katya

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Details about ratings should be available for non-finalists now Dec 12, 2008

Hi Bin,

All the details should be visible for non-finalists now.

Thanks.

Romina

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Those were not the finalists Dec 12, 2008

Hi Katya,

Katfil wrote:

Hi Romina,

How come there were 15 finalists by the officially announced end of qualification and 5 by the beginning of the final voting?
Just curious

Katya

As Henry explained in this post http://www.proz.com/topic/122809 that was the number showing the total entries that had not been ruled out during qualification but not the finalists.

The finalists are the 3-7 entries that among those got the highest scores.

Romina

Alan Wang
Alan Wang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 14:44
English to Chinese
+ ...
final round voters Dec 13, 2008

In the final round, do the voters have to be born native speakers of the target language and working in this pair?

If that's the case, it must be not easy to have a sufficient number of people qualified to rate in quite a number of the pairs, for example, in the C-E pair.

Hendarto Setiadi
Hendarto Setiadi  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:44
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Listing of finalists Dec 13, 2008

Hi Romina,

are the finalists listed in random order or based on the score received during the elimination rounds?

Rgds, HS

Ulgen Unaldi
Ulgen Unaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
Italian to Turkish
+ ...
Is voting on a fair basis?? Dec 13, 2008

I have just had a look at the three finalist translations and was surprised to discover that in two of them the expression 'since the kids' was translated as 'since my childhood'.. Isn't this a significant mistake for this passage whit such a theme??

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finalist entries are also shown in random order Dec 13, 2008

Hi Hendarto,

In Final voting entries are shown in random order.

To dumont,

Yes, the requirements for voting in finals are working in the same language pair and being native in the target language.

Romina

Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:44
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I must have the same bug Dec 13, 2008

In this final round, I cannot agree / disagree with the "likes" (the "dislikes" seem to work). Unlike Alexander, I keep trying unsuccessfully.

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Final voting - entry numbers don't match Dec 16, 2008

When I review "all entries," there is one number sequence, but when I review entries "side by side," they are in a different order! This makes it very confusing.
Furthermore, when they are side by side, where I've written my notes in the space provided, there is no way to "vote for this entry as the best." You have to go back to the "all entries listing." Which is a nuisance, esp. since they are not in the same order. (This is RU-EN.)

Susan

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1st Annual ProZ.com Translation Contest: final voting underway.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »