Germany
Local time: 06:02
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Agree/Disagree comments Nov 30, 2008

RominaZ wrote:
Hi Monika,
Thanks for voting! Your comments will be visible to others once they agree or disagree with the tag themselves.

I just found out jou have to click once again on agrees/disagrees to see the comments.

Chris

[Edited at 2008-11-30 15:45 GMT]

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:02
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Still, cannot access Likes and Dislikes Nov 30, 2008

RominaZ wrote:

Hi Monika,

Thanks for voting! Your comments will be visible to others once they agree or disagree with the tag themselves.

Romina

I saw that, thank you. However, my main problem still stands. I cannot add any Likes or Dislikes on my own. I can only agree or disagree with what ever others have commented. How do I add my own Likes and/or Dislikes?

Thanks again,
Monika

Alexander Onishko
Alexander Onishko  Identity Verified
Russian to English
+ ...
Browser Nov 30, 2008

Monika Coulson wrote:

I saw that, thank you. However, my main problem still stands. I cannot add any Likes or Dislikes on my own. I can only agree or disagree with what ever others have commented. How do I add my own Likes and/or Dislikes?

Thanks again,
Monika

Monika, can you please tell us which browser you use?

I had the same problem in the beginning of this contest because I used a somewhat outdated browser Firefox 1.5.

Now, I have upgraded to the latest version (3.0.something) and the Likes/Dislikes work ok.

Fernanda Rocha
Fernanda Rocha  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...

Highlight the text u want to tag. Nov 30, 2008

Hi Monica.

In the beginning, I had the same problem. I contacted Romina and she told me I had to highlight the word or phrase I wanted to tag and then click on the Like/Dislike link.

Have you tried that?

Regards,
Fernanda

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks, Alexander Nov 30, 2008

Right on! I updated the browser and it worked now. Thanks again,

Alexander Onishko wrote:

Monika, can you please tell us which browser you use?

I had the same problem in the beginning of this contest because I used a somewhat outdated browser Firefox 1.5.
Now, I have upgraded to the latest version (3.0.something) and the Likes/Dislikes work ok.

Thanks Fernanda as well. I did it and it works fine now.

fernanda wrote: In the beginning, I had the same problem. I contacted Romina and she told me I had to highlight the word or phrase I wanted to tag and then click on the Like/Dislike link.

Have you tried that?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Monika

[Edited at 2008-11-30 21:40 GMT]

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Dislikes with no comments Nov 30, 2008

I was checking some other people's Likes and Dislikes, and I found a few Dislikes with no comments whatsoever. I did not understand what the Dislikes were about. All I saw was "No comment." I am not sure if the person who put the Dislike wrote "No comment" or if the system puts "No comment" when none are entered. However, I do not think the system should accept Dislikes without comments. It is the same concept with Disagrees in KudoZ.

Thanks again,
Monika

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:02
Russian to English
+ ...
No space for link in "disagree" tag Dec 1, 2008

Dear Romina,

Could this be fixed? It really hampers the translator's ability to explain his or her decision.
There was no response when I wrote the message last week.

Thanks
Susan

Susan Welsh wrote:

FAQ #28 says the translator can provide a comment and a link to justify a translation that someone has tagged "dislike."
But in fact, you aren't given extra room for a link. If you put a link, there's no room to explain what you're talking about. There should be two separate places, as in Kudoz, one for comment and one for link.

Ledja
Ledja  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:02
English to Albanian
+ ...
Double and even tripple tagging Dec 1, 2008

I noticed that some phrases have been tagged twice and even three times. I thought you were automatically shown the like/dislike tag if you highlight a previously tagged word/phrase. On that note, I wasn't allowed to tag a wrongly placed comma just because I had already done so on a different one in the text.

I also find it annoying that you cannot go back and change/add to a comment unless you delete the whole tag along with the agrees and disagrees that have been added.
... See more
I noticed that some phrases have been tagged twice and even three times. I thought you were automatically shown the like/dislike tag if you highlight a previously tagged word/phrase. On that note, I wasn't allowed to tag a wrongly placed comma just because I had already done so on a different one in the text.

I also find it annoying that you cannot go back and change/add to a comment unless you delete the whole tag along with the agrees and disagrees that have been added.

I support Monika's point about the dislikes being disallowed if without comment (and I cannot recall off the top of my head whether I might have been the culprit at times). And some tags just beg for more commenting space.

Regards,
Ledja
Collapse

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Adding URL space soon Dec 1, 2008

Hi Susan,

We are working on that. That possibility will be enabled soon.

Thanks,
Romina

Alexander Onishko
Alexander Onishko  Identity Verified
Russian to English
+ ...
* Dec 2, 2008

Ten little Soldier boys went out to dine;
One choked his little self and then there were nine.
Nine little Soldier boys sat up very late;
One overslept himself and then there were eight.

Just wondering...

It seems to me that just a couple of days ago there have been 35 entries in EN-RU and now there are 25.

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:02
Russian to English
+ ...
What happened to DE-EN? Dec 2, 2008

Alexander Onishko wrote:

It seems to me that just a couple of days ago there have been 35 entries in EN-RU and now there are 25.

And in DE-EN there were 34 and now there are 24 and it says 10 were "ruled out." Why ruled out? I don't see anything in the FAQ about that.

Susan

(Thanks, Romina, for working on the problem with putting a URL for "disagree" comments!)

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Qualifying round: entries with few chances of winning are no longer subject to review Dec 3, 2008

Hi Susan and Alexander,

Entries are removed from contention when it becomes clear that they have no reasonable chance of winning. Such assessment is made based on the average rating received from peers (relative to that assigned to other entries), after some minimum number of votes.

Winnowing out entries in this way helps focus voter attention on the leading entries, increasing the likelihood that the best entries will be identified for inclusion in the final round.
... See more
Hi Susan and Alexander,

Entries are removed from contention when it becomes clear that they have no reasonable chance of winning. Such assessment is made based on the average rating received from peers (relative to that assigned to other entries), after some minimum number of votes.

Winnowing out entries in this way helps focus voter attention on the leading entries, increasing the likelihood that the best entries will be identified for inclusion in the final round.

The authors of the entries that are no longer subject to review are notified by email and have access to their entry (only visible to them) and to all the details concerning the score they got, the number of voters that rated their entries and the like/dislike tags received.
Collapse

Fernanda Rocha
Fernanda Rocha  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...

:) Dec 3, 2008

RominaZ wrote:

The authors of the entries that are no longer subject to review are notified by email and have access to their entry (only visible to them) and to all the details concerning the score they got, the number of voters that rated their entries and the like/dislike tags received.

That was my doubt!

ThankZ Romina!

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Option to provide a reference link has been enabled for the agree/disagree feature Dec 3, 2008

Susan Welsh wrote:

Dear Romina,

Could this be fixed? It really hampers the translator's ability to explain his or her decision.
There was no response when I wrote the message last week.

Thanks
Susan

Hi Susan,

This option should be working now.

Please let me know.

Romina

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1st Annual ProZ.com Translation Contest: feedback on tagging

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »