6th ProZ.com Translation Contest: final voting underway!
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 27, 2008

Dear members,

First, I’d like to apologize to all the participants for this serious inconvenience and for the change in schedule.

I’m relieved and touched by the understanding response of the ProZian community, especially among contest participants. This is no way lightens my sense of responsibility.

I'm sure you know that a lot of hard work is put into contests and we will continue to work hard, and make sure this mistake does not happen again.
<
... See more
Dear members,

First, I’d like to apologize to all the participants for this serious inconvenience and for the change in schedule.

I’m relieved and touched by the understanding response of the ProZian community, especially among contest participants. This is no way lightens my sense of responsibility.

I'm sure you know that a lot of hard work is put into contests and we will continue to work hard, and make sure this mistake does not happen again.

Thanks to all the members who constantly contribute with their ideas and share our concern to make a better contest each time around.

I’d like to announce that final voting is now underway in all cleared pairs. You can cast your vote here http://www.proz.com/contests .

The pairs in which the selective approach will be used will be ready for final voting as soon as we have finished contacting all the contestants. Please see http://www.proz.com/topic/100633 .

Thanks for being there.

Romina
Collapse

Larissa Boutrimova
Larissa Boutrimova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:49
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Deadline? Mar 27, 2008

Hi Romina,

Thanks for all your effort and hard work. The way the unfortunate situation with the bug was handled showed how seriously Henry and staff take the contest and respect the community's opinions. Mucho kudos to everyone!

I have a question: did you establish the deadline for the final voting stage yet? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Larissa

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Deadline for final voting Mar 27, 2008

Dear Larissa B,

Thanks for your words. As soon as the remaining pairs also pass to the final voting round, I will announce the deadline.

Romina

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
6th ProZ.com Translation Contest: deadline for final voting round Mar 31, 2008

Dear All,

This is to announce that the deadline for final voting round is Thursday, April 10 at 14: GMT.

I'm happy to announce that I have succeeded in contacting the participants in the following pairs:

English > Arabic
English> Greek
English > Turkish
English > Ukrainian
English > Bulgarian
English > Polish
English > Vietnamese
English > Slovak

and they are all passing to the voting round, following
... See more
Dear All,

This is to announce that the deadline for final voting round is Thursday, April 10 at 14: GMT.

I'm happy to announce that I have succeeded in contacting the participants in the following pairs:

English > Arabic
English> Greek
English > Turkish
English > Ukrainian
English > Bulgarian
English > Polish
English > Vietnamese
English > Slovak

and they are all passing to the voting round, following the procedure described in this post http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translation_contests/100633-bug_in_contest_code_led_to_leak_of_entries_in_a_handful_of_pairs.html

Only one confirmation is pending in this pair

Russian > German

but it will be moving on to the final round as soon as the pending reply is received.

Thanks
Romina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

6th ProZ.com Translation Contest: final voting underway!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »