IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 13:17
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 18, 2020

Or maybe I am dumb... or very inexperienced in applying for Proz jobs

For the first time in months I decided to apply for a job. Apparently, my rates caused the usual reaction of dead silence:-) but this is beside the point.

The point is that after clicking on "Contact the client by email" I saw a new feature allowing me to upload my resume with the option "do not show anyone". It was my understanding tha
... See more
Or maybe I am dumb... or very inexperienced in applying for Proz jobs

For the first time in months I decided to apply for a job. Apparently, my rates caused the usual reaction of dead silence:-) but this is beside the point.

The point is that after clicking on "Contact the client by email" I saw a new feature allowing me to upload my resume with the option "do not show anyone". It was my understanding that I was uploading it for the client, directly and exclusively, because I have never uploaded my resume to just sit in the profile and have no intentions to do so.

Initially I was happy about this feature because there has been no way to attach the resume to the reply via Proz email page, and in the past I was pretty much stuck with either copying the main points to the message body or writing "please contact me for any additional info and resume" or something like that.

Anyway, I just saw my resume in my profile. This it unacceptable and I deleted it immediately. I don't know if anyone could open it. I could but it was my profile and I would assume that I should have been able to open it regardless of any restrictions for others. Consequently, I can't say if I tested the option I chose or not, or if it was there for indexing and anyone to enjoy.

So:

1. Please be aware that this upload goes to your profile and stays there. If I am the only one who was not aware of that, I apologize for wasting your time.

2. Is there any way to upload the resume for the client only when the client expects initial contact via Proz email page instead of Proz quoting page?

Thank you.

Edited for typos

[Edited at 2020-09-18 15:25 GMT]
Collapse

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:17
Serbian to English
+ ...
before removing it Sep 18, 2020

you should have tried to access your profile while logged-out - that way you could know if your CV was made available to just about anyone with an internet connection.

It might be a bug in the ongoing "improvements" of the site code - one way or another it should not happen - ever.

IrinaN

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An ambiguous "new feature"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »